Review: could Losartan cause Blood glucose increased?
Summary: Blood glucose increased is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Losartan potassium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 13,043 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 240 have Blood glucose increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood glucose increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan and have Blood glucose increased >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 14,119 Losartan users)
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 65,117 Blood glucose increased patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 13,021 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 240 people (1.84%) have Blood Glucose Increased.
Time on Losartan when people have Blood glucose increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood glucose increased||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Losartan * :
|Blood glucose increased||48.50%||51.50% |
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Losartan * :
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.49%||0.98%||0.49%||5.39%||21.57%||71.08% |
Severity of Blood glucose increased when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood glucose increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood glucose increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (49 people, 20.42%)
- Diabetes mellitus (36 people, 15.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (28 people, 11.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (11 people, 4.58%)
- Blood cholesterol (9 people, 3.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (210 people, 87.50%)
- Aspirin (75 people, 31.25%)
- Furosemide (57 people, 23.75%)
- Lantus (38 people, 15.83%)
- Simvastatin (37 people, 15.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan and blood glucose increased on
Do you have Blood Glucose Increased while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Blood Glucose Increased
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Blood Glucose Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Montelukast Sodium, Prednisolone, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan Potassium, Folic Acid, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, High Blood Pressure, Blood Iron Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Asthma Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Hfa, Losartan for a 53-year old man with Asthma, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Temperature Measurement
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 59-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Sugar, Hypotriglyceridaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Lovastatin, Losartan for a 39-year old woman with Appetite - Decreased, Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.