Home > Losartan > Coughing > Losartan and Coughing
Review: could Losartan cause Coughing (Cough)?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 373 have Coughing. Find out below who they are, when they have Coughing and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Coughing >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 13,968 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Coughing (latest reports from 488,744 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 12,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 373 people (2.90%) have Coughing.
Time on Losartan when people have Coughing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Coughing when taking Losartan * :
Age of people who have Coughing when taking Losartan * :
Severity of Coughing when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Coughing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (165 people, 44.24%)
- Atrial fibrillation (63 people, 16.89%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (41 people, 10.99%)
- Asthma (33 people, 8.85%)
- Pain (23 people, 6.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (363 people, 97.32%)
- Lisinopril (71 people, 19.03%)
- Aspirin (70 people, 18.77%)
- Verapamil (55 people, 14.75%)
- Omeprazole (46 people, 12.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Coughing while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Coughing
- support group for people who take Losartan
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Occasional dry cough, nonproductive. Taking a mint can decrease when I can do that. When occurs feels like back of throat is scratchy
From this study (2 months ago):
I was taking Lisinopril for hypertension but developed a persistent cough. I was given Losartan Potassium instead. cough has not decreased.
From this study (2 months ago):
dizziness severe enough to preculde safe driving along with migraine symptoms, though not necessarily at same time as headache.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Coughing
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Coughing
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Bactrim for a 58-year old man who has UTI (5 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B Complex Vitamin, Acyclovir, Imuran, Mestinon for a 31-year old woman who has AAT Deficiency, Myasthenia Gravis, Vitamin B-1 Deficiency, Oral Herpes (29 minutes ago)
- Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Cod Liver Oil, Magnesium, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin C, Omega-3 Fatty Acid, Soya, Oil Of Evening Primrose, Vitamin E, Cymbalta, Gabapentin, Co-codamol for a 54-year old woman who has Enzyme Supplementation, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Vanadyl Sulphate, PMS (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Esophageal Spasm and Dystonia
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (43 minutes ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (3 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ill Defined Disorder
- Adderall Xr 25
- Post Polio Syndrome