Review: could Losartan cause Dry throat?
Summary: Dry throat is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Losartan potassium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 13,043 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Dry throat. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry throat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan and have Dry throat >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 14,130 Losartan users)
Dry throat has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 2,944 Dry throat patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 13,021 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 18 people (0.14%) have Dry Throat.
Time on Losartan when people have Dry throat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry throat||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry throat when taking Losartan * :
|Dry throat||76.92%||23.08% |
Age of people who have Dry throat when taking Losartan * :
|Dry throat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||76.92% |
Severity of Dry throat when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry throat||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry throat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry throat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (18 people, 100.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (15 people, 83.33%)
- Breast cancer (2 people, 11.11%)
- Multiple allergies (2 people, 11.11%)
- Urticaria (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (18 people, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (15 people, 83.33%)
- Verapamil (15 people, 83.33%)
- Omeprazole (4 people, 22.22%)
- Zyrtec (4 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan and dry throat on
Do you have Dry Throat while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Dry Throat
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Dry Throat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Hfa, Losartan for a 53-year old man with Asthma, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Temperature Measurement
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 59-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Sugar, Hypotriglyceridaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Lovastatin, Losartan for a 39-year old woman with Appetite - Decreased, Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan, Perindopril Erbumine for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Captopril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.