Home > Losartan > Ed > Losartan and Ed
Review: could Losartan cause Ed (Erection problems)?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 63 have Ed. Find out below who they are, when they have Ed and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Ed >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 13,968 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Ed (latest reports from 131,843 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Sep, 26, 2014: 12,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 62 people (0.48%) have Ed.
Time on Losartan when people have Ed * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ed when taking Losartan * :
Age of people who have Ed when taking Losartan * :
Severity of Ed when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ed ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (30 people, 48.39%)
- High blood pressure (13 people, 20.97%)
- High blood cholesterol (8 people, 12.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 11.29%)
- Erectile dysfunction (7 people, 11.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (41 people, 66.13%)
- Simvastatin (17 people, 27.42%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 25.81%)
- Lipitor (12 people, 19.35%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (11 people, 17.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ed while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Ed
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Ed
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
Blood pressure is well controlled (120/80) but feeling faint at times like it is too low. I exercise regularly, but don't seem to lose the 20-30 extra pounds (I weight 225) so my Dr does refuses to reduce the meds until my BMI score is better . Erections are getting slower to build, faster to lose and harder to maintain. Dr. prescribed Cialis but besides costing over $20 a pill and not covered by insurance, it makes my ears ring like crazy.
pc_bob on May, 21, 2014:
The very first thing they ask you to do is to get your weight down to near normal. This has a double benefit: It will lower your blood pressure and it will (or should) help with the ED. There are no guarantees however. EVERY drug has side effects. Some are major, others may be benign. But, combining drugs, as we are often forced to do, introduces yet another round of possible side effects! I try to minimize the total number of drugs I take, currently I'm on Losartan 100 mg, Omeprazole 20 mg, Testosterone injections 400 mg and soon amlodipine besylate ?mg. If Amlodipine doesn't start helping in a month or two, I will insist my doctor switch to an Ace Inhibitor.
From this study (9 months ago):
Daily: baby aspirin, multivitamin, vitamin D, fiber supplement
From this study (9 months ago):
Recent colonoscopy and stool sample both negative
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Ed
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Ed
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Gynecomastia
- Crohn\'s Disease and Facial Palsy
- Depo-provera and Nerve Damage - Diabetic
- Warfarin and Salmon Oil
- Methyldopa and Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide
Recent user comments
- "Took both last night and woke up in the middle of nig ... " (55 minutes ago)
- "While taking Acyclovir for 4 days notice my skin was ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (6 hours ago)
- Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Deca Durabolin
- Antineuritic Factor
- Nodule On Finger
Recent updates on eHealthMe:
- Vistaril, Neurontin, Tylenol, Mobic, Norco, Cymbalta, Flexeril drug interactions (0 second ago)
- Glutathione, Xeloda, Navelbine drug interactions (1 second ago)
- Neurosis in Tinnitus (2 seconds ago)
- Indian Chocolate, Temazepam drug interactions (3 seconds ago)
- Tricor, Premarin, Pristiq, Ambien drug interactions (5 seconds ago)