Home > Losartan > Erectile dysfunction > Losartan and Erectile dysfunction
Review: could Losartan cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 63 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 14,007 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 130,113 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 12,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 62 people (0.48%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Losartan when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||3.03%||18.18%||30.30%||15.15%||18.18%||6.06%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Losartan * :
|Erectile dysfunction||1.54%||98.46% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Losartan * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.92%||26.23%||44.26%||24.59% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||2.78%||44.44%||47.22%||5.56% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||5.00%||95.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (30 people, 48.39%)
- High blood pressure (13 people, 20.97%)
- High blood cholesterol (8 people, 12.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 11.29%)
- Erectile dysfunction (7 people, 11.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (41 people, 66.13%)
- Simvastatin (17 people, 27.42%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 25.81%)
- Lipitor (12 people, 19.35%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (11 people, 17.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came bac ...
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Erectile dysfunction
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Vytorin, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Losartan, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Bph, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction, Diarrhea, Constipation, Tiredness, Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Allopurinol, Losartan, Metformin, Actos for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gouty Arthritis, Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Losartan for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
More related studies for: Losartan, Erectile dysfunction
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Losartan, Erectile dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.