Review: could Losartan cause Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 11, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 12,818 people who take Losartan. Among them, 684 have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness. See who they are, when they have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 13,748 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure, blood pressure management. Commonly reported side effects of Losartan include high blood pressure, breathing difficulty, weakness, dizziness, dyspnoea exacerbated.
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,516,676 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 14, 2014: 11,259 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 571 people (5.07%) have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness.
Time on Losartan when people have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||14.75%||34.43%||9.84%||6.56%||26.23%||6.56%||1.64% |
Gender of people who have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Losartan * :
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||54.62%||45.38% |
Age of people who have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Losartan * :
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||0.41%||0.00%||0.00%||5.93%||9.41%||19.84%||64.42% |
Severity of Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||3.03%||54.55%||36.36%||6.06% |
How people recovered from Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||5.26%||5.26%||89.47% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (173 people, 30.30%)
- Diabetes mellitus (38 people, 6.65%)
- Pain (32 people, 5.60%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (29 people, 5.08%)
- Atrial fibrillation (29 people, 5.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (535 people, 93.70%)
- Aspirin (127 people, 22.24%)
- Simvastatin (74 people, 12.96%)
- Omeprazole (73 people, 12.78%)
- Furosemide (72 people, 12.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Losartan, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in High Blood Pressure (9,239 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Blood Pressure Management (277 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Essential Hypertension (130 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in High Blood Cholesterol (5,991 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Hypotension (58 reports)
Browse Losartan side effects from A to Z:
Browse Losartan drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Daily: baby aspirin, multivitamin, vitamin D, fiber supplement
From this study (5 months ago):
dieting for months. Eats one meal a day.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
- What is the best medication for pcos with low bp
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. I was put on glucaphage and birth control to help maintain my periods. Within 3 years I stopped having a period all together. In february 2006, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and that May it was removed (benign). For 6 years no period, then in August I fo ...
- Do you have heart palpitations while taking losatan potassium?
I'm a 60 year old male (high cholesterol; 139/94bp)whose doctor prescribed Lisinopril to get that BP number down. That BP drug caused a cough (as noted in side effects) so my medication was changed to Losartan Potassium (March 2013) by June 2013 I developed daily heart palpitations. A very severe pa ...
More questions for: Losartan, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use).
Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hytrin, Demadex, Cozaar, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Xarelto, Carvedilol, Diovan, Torsemide for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Cardiac Ventricular Disorder, Cardiac Disorder, Pacemaker, Bronchial Carcinoma, Cardiac Pacemaker Replacement. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Urinary Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Vytorin, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Losartan, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Bph, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems), Diarrhea, Constipation, Tiredness (Fatigue), Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Uloric, CoQ10, Pyridoxine, Vitamin D, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Health, Gout, Energy Preservation, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Energy Increased, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy (Drowsiness), Tiredness (Fatigue)
More related studies for: Losartan, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.