Losartan and Fluid retention - from FDA reports
Fluid retention is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Fluid retention with Losartan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 56,396 people who have side effects when taking Losartan from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
56,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan.
Among them, 268 people (0.48%) have Fluid retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Losartan when people have Fluid retention *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Losartan *:
- female: 61.98 %
- male: 38.02 %
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Losartan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.95 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.43 %
- 40-49: 8.57 %
- 50-59: 17.62 %
- 60+: 71.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (40 people, 14.93%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (24 people, 8.96%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (18 people, 6.72%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (16 people, 5.97%)
- Cardiac Disorder (15 people, 5.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (47 people, 17.54%)
- Metformin (32 people, 11.94%)
- Amlodipine (31 people, 11.57%)
- Lantus (29 people, 10.82%)
- Opsumit (21 people, 7.84%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (68 people, 25.37%)
- Weight Increased (53 people, 19.78%)
- Fatigue (43 people, 16.04%)
- Oedema Peripheral (39 people, 14.55%)
- Weakness (36 people, 13.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fluid retention when taking Losartan?
- Check symptoms - is fluid retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFluid retention and drugs with ingredients of losartan potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFluid retention and Losartan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 59,767 users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Fluid retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Losartana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Fluid retentionFluid retention
Could your condition cause Fluid retentionFluid retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been on Losartan for appro three years. I have had dry eyes for three years, also. The last 6 months, it has gotten worse. I am currently under the care of an opthamologist. he has me on restasis, heat treatments, ointment at night and serum tears. Nothing seems to be helping. I ...
I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
Hi, just recently started taking losartan 50mg. Worked great 45 days in then the bottom fell out. Dr. added Carvedilol 6.25mg 2 tablets per day. 2 days in my BP shot to 220/110. In ER! Dehydrated! Bloodwork before and after a bag of saline via IV. Kidneys fine! Now on losartan 50mg in ...