Home > Losartan > Hair loss > Losartan and Hair loss
Review: could Losartan cause Hair loss?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 98 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Hair loss >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 14,007 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 12,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 98 people (0.76%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Losartan when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||43.75%||0.00%||18.75%||25.00%||6.25%||6.25% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Losartan * :
|Hair loss||81.00%||19.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Losartan * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.15%||12.64%||24.14%||62.07% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||55.56%||44.44%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (33 people, 33.67%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 14.29%)
- Hypothyroidism (8 people, 8.16%)
- Acromegaly (7 people, 7.14%)
- Lupus nephritis (6 people, 6.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (81 people, 82.65%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 16.33%)
- Furosemide (15 people, 15.31%)
- Amlodipine (12 people, 12.24%)
- Prednisone (11 people, 11.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
cora (1 year ago):
Disregard the posting from Cora information is incorrect.
Reply the comment
cora (1 year ago):
After taking Losartan Potassium for about 3 years, my doctor and I have determined this medication is the cause for my hair loss. What can we do to stop the hair loss?
Reply the comment
Lexi (2 years ago):
I have been on this drug since june 2012. I have enough hair loss to worry me and request a drug change. I am female in mid 40's.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Maxide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Headache, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Estring, Amlodipine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Metformin, Losartan Potassium, Zetia for a patient with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Hrt, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Loss Of Hair
More related studies for: Losartan, Hair loss
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Losartan, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (3 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (5 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Varicella Virus Test Positive
- Pinus Sylvestris
- Schizophrenia Simple
- Blood Phosphorus Increased