Home > Losartan > Hearing loss > Losartan and Hearing loss
Review: could Losartan cause Hearing loss?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Hearing loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hearing loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Hearing loss >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 14,007 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Hearing loss (latest reports from 57,948 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 12,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 16 people (0.12%) have Hearing Loss.
Time on Losartan when people have Hearing loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hearing loss||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hearing loss when taking Losartan * :
|Hearing loss||62.50%||37.50% |
Age of people who have Hearing loss when taking Losartan * :
|Hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Severity of Hearing loss when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hearing loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hearing loss||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (6 people, 37.50%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 25.00%)
- Bone disorder (2 people, 12.50%)
- Skin disorder (2 people, 12.50%)
- Musculoskeletal pain (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (14 people, 87.50%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 37.50%)
- Humira (5 people, 31.25%)
- Furosemide (5 people, 31.25%)
- Citalopram hydrobromide (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hearing Loss while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Hearing Loss
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Hearing Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Hearing loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Hearing loss
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Losartan, Hearing loss
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Losartan, Hearing loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (3 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (9 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (6 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (53 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Breathing Difficulty Lying Down
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free Abraxis Pharm 2
- Alpha Yohimbine Hcl
- Lupron Depot
- Groin Swelling