Review: could Losartan cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Losartan potassium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 13,021 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 235 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan and have Insomnia >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 14,103 Losartan users)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 143,951 Insomnia patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 13,021 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 240 people (1.84%) have Insomnia.
Time on Losartan when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Losartan * :
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Losartan * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (99 people, 41.25%)
- Depression (27 people, 11.25%)
- Asthma (17 people, 7.08%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 6.67%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (16 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (215 people, 89.58%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (42 people, 17.50%)
- Aspirin (41 people, 17.08%)
- Omeprazole (35 people, 14.58%)
- Simvastatin (32 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Cliff (3 years ago):
Male 75 taking Lyrica 25mg per day, Synthroid .1 mg day - Using Losartan for 3 months, have experienced chronic insomnia of 3 to 4 hours light sleep per night. Not taking prescript. sleep med, only OTC pain reliever PM every 2nd night. Nothing helps, I wake at 2 or 3 or 4 AM wide awake and can't return to sleep, which causes drowsiness rest of day. It is wrecking my health and creating moods of anxiety and gloom. Took Benicar previously which seemed OK but HealthSpring Medicare Advantage replaced that expensive drug with Losartan, a generic.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan and insomnia on
Do you have Insomnia while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Losartan Potassium, Hydralazine And Hydrochlorthiazide, Glimepiride, Chlorthalidone for a 80-year old man with Prostate Examination Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Senile Dementia, Bad Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.