Home > Losartan > Itching > Losartan and Itching
Review: could Losartan cause Itching?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 333 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Itching >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 13,968 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Itching (latest reports from 545,906 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 12,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 333 people (2.59%) have Itching.
Time on Losartan when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Losartan * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Losartan * :
Severity of Itching when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (89 people, 26.73%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (25 people, 7.51%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (23 people, 6.91%)
- Diabetes mellitus (21 people, 6.31%)
- Cardiac disorder (19 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (286 people, 85.89%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 20.72%)
- Niaspan (46 people, 13.81%)
- Omeprazole (40 people, 12.01%)
- Simvastatin (30 people, 9.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Losartan and have Itching
- group for people who take Losartan
- group for people who have Itching
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
palms of hand turn red and itch when exposed to cold lips and tongue tingle and itch
From this study (5 months ago):
worst itching is at night so I take losartin 100 mg an gabapentin 300
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Losartan potassium bad dreams
This drug is causing me dreams nightly. I have taken it for 3 weeks. Will be letting my physician know.
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Itching
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (47 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (56 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Puncture Weed
- Pemphigus Vulgaris
- Sui Kan
- High Blood Pressure