Home > Losartan > Itching > Losartan and Itching
Review: could Losartan cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Losartan potassium, and have Hypertension.
We study 12,937 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 333 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Itching >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 14,014 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Itching (latest reports from 546,293 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 12,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 333 people (2.58%) have Itching.
Time on Losartan when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Losartan * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Losartan * :
Severity of Itching when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (89 people, 26.73%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (25 people, 7.51%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (23 people, 6.91%)
- Diabetes mellitus (21 people, 6.31%)
- Cardiac disorder (19 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (286 people, 85.89%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 20.72%)
- Niaspan (46 people, 13.81%)
- Omeprazole (40 people, 12.01%)
- Simvastatin (30 people, 9.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Itching
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Does lostartan potassium affect a hiatus hernia
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased, , and takes Losartan Potassium)
Does this medication affect my hiatus hernia.i am having swelling in my tummy and very uncomfortable indeed under the ribs.
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Losartan 75mg med not working for anyone else?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Cushing's Syndrome, Prediabetes, Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis, Tumor - Acoustic, Peripherial Neuropathy, Adrenal Insufficiency, Hypertension, and takes Losartan)
BP 149/103, 151/94, 151/94, 153/100, 150/103 after taking up to 75mg of Losartan for BP.
More questions for: Losartan, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have ...
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, and takes Losartan Potassium)
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Heart Palpitations
Comments: Initially was given Metoprolol 25-50mg/day for high blood pressure 180/115. Was good and relaxed for about a week, then severe palpitations started to occur. Was taken off Metoprolol and put on Losartan 25-50mg/day and palpitations continued to be severe and frequent 2-5/day lasting a few minutes to ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 10, Ritalin, Bitter Orange, Ginseng, Panax, Caffeine Anhydrous, Losartan for a patient with Narcolepsy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Spasms
Comments: ***comments for Modafinil only***
I do not mix my meds. I take only 1 med a day however it is prescribed. The Adderall and or Ritalin only last 3 or 4 hours and it's not worth taking. I've been on the natural supplements all my life and except for occasional kidney discomfort I have been thankful t ...
- A study of side effects of Herceptin for a patient with Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Itching
Comments: I've been on Herceptin 10 months. About 2 months ago, I started having sudden bouts of intense itchy skin that I cannot tolerate. It affects different places on my body; arms, chest, neck, back, legs, just about anywhere, and usually more than one place at same time. I generally wipe with a cool was ...
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Itching, Migraine (headache), Joint Stiffness, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Stuffy Nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: Recurrent shingles for last 1-2 years with them now coming almost as soon as I am off the 7 days 3000 gram course. Two weeks ago during the 5th day of the 3000 per day, I awoke and the muscles of my lower extremities were so tight and rigid I could hardly bend to move. Painful to get around, could b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Magnesium, Lepidium Meyenii for a patient with Allergy, Fatigue, Anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The patient has Fever, Infertility Female, Vision Blurred, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Mood Swings, Hot Flashes, Skin Flaking, Skin - Dry, Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, Urination - Excessive Volume, Urination - Excessive At Night, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Chronic Depression, Confusional State, Eye Movements - Uncontrollable, Dizziness, Chills, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Swelling Of Fingers, Eye Redness, Allergic Cough, Throat Irritation, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Headache, Edema, Swelling Face, Swollen Tongue, Throat Tightness
Comments: I keep having an allergic reaction while ONLY in my apartment. I've had these symptoms with (worsening over time) since moving in. I would like to know if I have a possible mold allergy because my place is very old and has no ventilation.
My symptoms such as the swelling, edema, throat tightness, ...
More related studies for: Losartan, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.