Home > Losartan > Memory loss > Losartan and Memory loss
Review: could Losartan cause Memory loss?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 139 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Memory loss >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 14,007 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Memory loss (latest reports from 467,146 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 12,923 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 139 people (1.08%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Losartan when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||33.33%||12.50%||4.17%||8.33%||20.83%||16.67%||4.17% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Losartan * :
|Memory loss||71.79%||28.21% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Losartan * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.19%||8.15%||25.93%||60.74% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||10.00%||40.00%||40.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||7.14%||21.43%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (47 people, 33.81%)
- Depression (18 people, 12.95%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (17 people, 12.23%)
- Pain (16 people, 11.51%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 10.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (128 people, 92.09%)
- Aspirin (34 people, 24.46%)
- Omeprazole (24 people, 17.27%)
- Amlodipine (22 people, 15.83%)
- Simvastatin (18 people, 12.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Memory loss
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Fluid Retention, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Temporal Memory Loss (memory loss due to scarring on left temporal lobe)
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Calcium, CoQ-10, Losartan, Carvedilol, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Bumetanide, Methotrexate, Prednisone, Xarelto for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Bone Strength And Calcium, Health, High Blood Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Fainting, Short-term Memory Loss
More related studies for: Losartan, Memory loss
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Losartan, Memory loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (43 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (43 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Valsartan; Hydrochlorothiazide
- Tricuspid Atresia
- Lymphocytic Leukaemia