Review: could Losartan cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Losartan potassium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 13,021 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 142 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan and have Memory loss >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 14,103 Losartan users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,420 Memory loss patients)
On Mar, 8, 2015: 13,003 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 142 people (1.09%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Losartan when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||34.62%||11.54%||7.69%||7.69%||19.23%||15.38%||3.85% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Losartan * :
|Memory loss||72.33%||27.67% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Losartan * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.72%||0.00%||5.80%||7.97%||25.36%||60.14% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||13.04%||43.48%||34.78%||8.70% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||6.67%||20.00%||73.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (48 people, 33.80%)
- Depression (18 people, 12.68%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (17 people, 11.97%)
- Pain (16 people, 11.27%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 10.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (128 people, 90.14%)
- Aspirin (34 people, 23.94%)
- Omeprazole (25 people, 17.61%)
- Amlodipine (22 people, 15.49%)
- Simvastatin (18 people, 12.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan and memory loss on
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, Multivitamin, Sertraline, Humalog, Lantus, Amlodipine, Losartan for a 34-year old woman with Birth Control, Health, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Singulair, Estradiol, Losartan for a 48-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Iga Deficiency, Asthma, Hysterectomy, Hypertension. The patient has Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvaring, Tramadol for a 36-year old woman with Birth Control, Pain. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Forgetfulness
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vascepa, Plavix, Tamsulosin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan, Dexilant, Crestor, Bystolic for a 61-year old man with Blood Clots, High Blood Cholesterol, Urine Output Decreased, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Blindness
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor, Losartan for a 60-year old woman with Anxiety, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sweating
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Captopril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benicar, Losartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Bystolic for a 71-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.