Home > Losartan > Memory loss > Losartan and Memory loss
Review: could Losartan cause Memory loss?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 138 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Memory loss >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 13,968 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Memory loss (latest reports from 466,972 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 1, 2014: 12,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 137 people (1.06%) have Memory Loss. They amount to 0.03% of all the 467,321 people who have Memory Loss on eHealthMe.
Time on Losartan when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||31.82%||13.64%||4.55%||9.09%||18.18%||18.18%||4.55% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Losartan * :
|Memory loss||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Losartan * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.51%||8.27%||25.56%||61.65% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||11.11%||38.89%||38.89%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||7.14%||21.43%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (46 people, 33.58%)
- Depression (18 people, 13.14%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (17 people, 12.41%)
- Pain (16 people, 11.68%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 10.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (127 people, 92.70%)
- Aspirin (34 people, 24.82%)
- Omeprazole (24 people, 17.52%)
- Amlodipine (22 people, 16.06%)
- Simvastatin (18 people, 13.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Losartan and have Memory Loss
- group for people who take Losartan
- group for people who have Memory Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
feel sense of confusion connfronted with decisions or normal life problems
From this study (8 months ago):
Several months after starting xarelto short term memory losses became annoying, just normal things, but seemed more often. Now I have to write everything down and daughter has to go to appts with me because I can't remember what to say or what doctor said to do.
Have "fainted" 3 times unexpectedly, with no warning at all,and no memory,just what people around me say happened.
None of this happened until after I was put on xarelto.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
- Losartan potassium bad dreams
This drug is causing me dreams nightly. I have taken it for 3 weeks. Will be letting my physician know.
- Rituxan mental changes
Within a month my daughter has had altered mental health symptoms such as confusion 'ADD symptoms' decrease in vision, trouble concentrating, frequent headaches and sharp head pain, forgetfulness, blanks out much more and 'feels off'
it has now been about 5 months since last rituxan
More reviews for: Losartan, Memory loss
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (46 minutes ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (55 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cytomegalovirus Infection and Vertigo
- Flexeril for Fibromyalgia
- Lightheadedness and Emphysema
- Levothyroxine Sodium
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (11 hours ago)