Review: could Losartan cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Losartan potassium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 13,021 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 619 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan and have Muscle weakness >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 14,103 Losartan users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 182,255 Muscle weakness patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 13,003 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 618 people (4.75%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Losartan when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||14.29%||28.57%||20.00%||17.14%||17.14%||2.86%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Losartan * :
|Muscle weakness||56.26%||43.74% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Losartan * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.60%||7.25%||17.10%||73.05% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||5.00%||65.00%||30.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||9.09%||0.00%||90.91% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (179 people, 28.96%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (51 people, 8.25%)
- Pain (43 people, 6.96%)
- Atrial fibrillation (39 people, 6.31%)
- Osteoporosis (38 people, 6.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (559 people, 90.45%)
- Aspirin (170 people, 27.51%)
- Simvastatin (102 people, 16.50%)
- Omeprazole (92 people, 14.89%)
- Furosemide (84 people, 13.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan and muscle weakness on
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Overactive Thyroid (extra secretions from thyroid)
- A study of side effects of Methotrexate for a 71-year old man with RA. The patient has Itching - Burning Eyes, Muscle Weakness (a lack of muscle strength)
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole Sodium Bicarbonate, Losartan Potassium, Zopiclone for a 69-year old man with Tamsulosin, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate. The patient has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.