Review: could Losartan cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Losartan potassium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 12,956 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 617 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Muscle weakness >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 14,034 users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.(latest reports from Muscle weakness 181,414 patients)
On Dec, 8, 2014: 12,937 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 617 people (4.77%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Losartan when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||14.71%||29.41%||20.59%||14.71%||17.65%||2.94%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Losartan * :
|Muscle weakness||56.35%||43.65% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Losartan * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.61%||7.26%||17.13%||73.00% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||5.26%||63.16%||31.58%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||10.00%||0.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (179 people, 29.01%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (51 people, 8.27%)
- Pain (43 people, 6.97%)
- Atrial fibrillation (39 people, 6.32%)
- Osteoporosis (38 people, 6.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (559 people, 90.60%)
- Aspirin (170 people, 27.55%)
- Simvastatin (102 people, 16.53%)
- Omeprazole (92 people, 14.91%)
- Furosemide (84 people, 13.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can losartan cause polymyalgia
Have experienced side effects to many BP drugs.Have been on losartan and bendrofluazide for a year.3/4 months ago pains in the neck started which spread to arms and legs ears and head.At first ESR normal but was given prednisololine for one week with great results .Pains all came back and ESR now 78
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Can marijuana be causing serious, long-term muscle weakness?
I'm almost 65 years old, am a successful, well adjusted professional and have used marijuana on and off for over 45 years. I began using it more heavily about five years ago. Beginning about four years ago I began experiencing serious muscle weakness, in the large muscles. I was a skier, hiker, swimmer, runner... and can't do any of that now. I'm good for only about 5-7 stairs before I have to stop and regroup. I want my life back! If its possible that using weed is the problem, I can walk away from it at any time. It's a helpful part of my meditation practice, and I like it, but as I noted...I want my life back.
Has anyone experienced anything similar? I've had my heart and lungs checked. I don't have Lyme's disease, I'm not overweight and was in GREAT shape for my age until this hit. Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.
- Does lostartan potassium affect a hiatus hernia
Does this medication affect my hiatus hernia.i am having swelling in my tummy and very uncomfortable indeed under the ribs.
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing worked. the actual problem in my lumber spine is not serious enough to have surgery at this time.
My question is if I need major surgery and need to take an opiate pain med would I have to get off the 1 1/2 mg of suboxone so I don't to go into withdrawal (as a doc once told me)? I'm 72 & the possibility of needing surgery is high, especially since I've had breast, colon & skin cancer. thank you
More questions for: Losartan, Muscle weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
- High blood pressure - find the right medication (2 responses)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to get up. So then I tried Amlopidine. Fantastic! I haven't felt this well since I was on my teens. My message is ... don't put up with side effects. Change your drug until you find the one that works for you.
More reviews for: Losartan, Muscle weakness
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- my daughter has these episodes for the past 4 years as follows. first symptom is blurred vision, then immediately to follow is numbness and tingling mainly on right side. Then she will slowly collapse as her legs will not hold her up. If she is sitting down her upper body will fall forward and I hav ...
- I have noticed increasing problems which my research associates with normal aging (can't find keys, forgetting names, etc.); however, an incident last night has truly shaken me. I was out with my family, considering buying an outdoors toy for a grandchild when I could not visualize where I live or w ...
More related studies for: Losartan, Muscle weakness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.