Review: could Losartan cause Sore throat?
Summary: Sore throat is reported only by a few people who take Losartan.
We study 13,021 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Sore throat. Find out below who they are, when they have Sore throat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan and have Sore throat >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 14,103 Losartan users)
Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, asthma, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 3,426 Sore throat patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 13,021 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Sore Throat.
Time on Losartan when people have Sore throat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sore throat||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sore throat when taking Losartan * :
|Sore throat||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who have Sore throat when taking Losartan * :
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Sore throat when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sore throat||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sore throat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Gerd (1 people, 25.00%)
- Blood pressure inadequately controlled (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (2 people, 50.00%)
- Captopril (1 people, 25.00%)
- Prednisolone (1 people, 25.00%)
- Bufferin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Azulfidine (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Losartan and sore throat on
Do you have Sore Throat while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Sore Throat
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Sore Throat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Losartan Potassium, Hydralazine And Hydrochlorthiazide, Glimepiride, Chlorthalidone for a 80-year old man with Prostate Examination Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Senile Dementia, Bad Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Proair Hfa, Niacin And Niacinamide, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium for a 55-year old woman with Allergies, Multiple Allergies, Irt Test, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heel Pain
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.