Home > Losartan > Weight gain > Losartan and Weight gain
Review: could Losartan cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 12,923 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 175 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and have Weight gain >>>
Losartan (latest outcomes from 14,007 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 12,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 175 people (1.36%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Losartan when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||12.50%||31.25%||6.25%||18.75%||25.00%||6.25%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Losartan * :
|Weight gain||61.45%||38.55% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Losartan * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||18.67%||25.33%||52.67% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||58.33%||41.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (51 people, 29.14%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (18 people, 10.29%)
- Diabetes mellitus (17 people, 9.71%)
- Atrial fibrillation (17 people, 9.71%)
- Blood pressure (11 people, 6.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (150 people, 85.71%)
- Aspirin (42 people, 24.00%)
- Simvastatin (24 people, 13.71%)
- Omeprazole (20 people, 11.43%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (18 people, 10.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Losartan?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Losartan, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Losartan, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Losartan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Losartan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Furosemide, Losartan Potassium, Proair Hfa, Tudorza Pressair for a patient with GE Reflux, Ph Body Fluid, High Blood Pressure, Breathing Difficulty. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a patient with HBP. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Hydroflumethiazide, Losartan, Ferrous Fumarate, Lamotrigine, Lithium Carbonate, Lithium Carbonate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Prochlorperazine, Diazepam for a patient with Hypertension, Low Iron, Bipolar Disorder, Vertigo, Anxiety. The patient has Weight Gain
More related studies for: Losartan, Weight gain
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Losartan, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (1 minute ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (35 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (39 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (52 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Focal Nodular Hyperplasia
- Antidiarrheal Agent Overdose
- Cushing Syndrome Due To Adrenal Tumor
- Coagulation Factor Viii Level Increased