Review: could Losartan cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Losartan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Losartan potassium, and have Depression.
We study 13,043 people who have side effects while taking Losartan from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Losartan and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 14,119 Losartan users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain. (latest reports from 9,228 Withdrawal syndrome patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 13,021 people reported to have side effects when taking Losartan. Among them, 14 people (0.11%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Losartan when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Gender of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Losartan * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Losartan * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||18.18%||63.64% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Losartan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 21.43%)
- Blood pressure abnormal (3 people, 21.43%)
- Blood cholesterol abnormal (2 people, 14.29%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Losartan potassium (11 people, 78.57%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 28.57%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 21.43%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 21.43%)
- Atenolol (3 people, 21.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of losartan and withdrawal syndrome on
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Losartan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Losartan and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Losartan
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old man with Secondary Hypertension. The patient has Gout - Acute
Recent Losartan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan, Perindopril Erbumine for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Captopril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.