Review: could Lovastatin cause Memory impairment (Memory loss)?
Summary: Memory impairment is found among people who take Lovastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 11,625 people who have side effects while taking Lovastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 236 have Memory impairment. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory impairment and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lovastatin and have Memory impairment >>>
Lovastatin has active ingredients of lovastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 12,122 Lovastatin users)
Memory Impairment has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,420 Memory Impairment patients)
On Feb, 11, 2015: 11,625 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovastatin. Among them, 235 people (2.02%) have Memory Impairment.
Time on Lovastatin when people have Memory impairment * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory impairment||3.33%||6.67%||23.33%||16.67%||36.67%||13.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Memory impairment when taking Lovastatin * :
|Memory impairment||68.35%||31.65% |
Age of people who have Memory impairment when taking Lovastatin * :
|Memory impairment||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.23%||25.53%||62.23% |
Severity of Memory impairment when taking Lovastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory impairment||10.00%||50.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Memory impairment ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory impairment||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (41 people, 17.45%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 10.64%)
- Depression (22 people, 9.36%)
- Pain (21 people, 8.94%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (20 people, 8.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (63 people, 26.81%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (39 people, 16.60%)
- Lisinopril (34 people, 14.47%)
- Atenolol (32 people, 13.62%)
- Vitamin d (28 people, 11.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lovastatin and memory impairment on
Do you have Memory Impairment while taking Lovastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lovastatin and have Memory Impairment
- support group for people who take Lovastatin
- support group for people who have Memory Impairment
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lupron Depot for a 44-year old woman with Uterine Fibroids. The patient has Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Losartan, Omeprazole, Crestor, Prozac for a 68-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Acid Reflux, Hypercholesterolemia, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Weight Gain, Forgetfulness
- A study of side effects of Lovaza for a 85-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Paralysis Spastic (excl Congenital), Hearing Loss, Hand Tremor, Sneezing, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations), Loose Bowel Movements (weak bowel movement), Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Short-term Memory Loss, Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels), Cough, Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)
- A study of side effects of Fluoxetine for a 41-year old woman with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Distractibility (inability to sustain one's attention), Sudden Forgetfulness, Forgetfulness
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Intuniv, Abilify, Viibryd for a 14-year old boy with Contraction, Adhd, Aggression, Anxiety. The patient has Memory Loss, Confusion, Sweating Increased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Lovastatin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.