Home > Lovastatin > Muscle cramps > Lovastatin and Muscle cramps
Review: could Lovastatin cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Lovastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have Hypercholesterolaemia.
We study 11,614 people who have side effects while taking Lovastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lovastatin and have Muscle cramps >>>
Lovastatin (latest outcomes from 12,113 users) has active ingredients of lovastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) (latest reports from 51,096 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression.
On Nov, 15, 2014: 11,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovastatin. Among them, 24 people (0.21%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Lovastatin when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||18.18%||9.09%||27.27%||9.09%||18.18%||18.18%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Lovastatin * :
|Muscle cramps||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Lovastatin * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||13.33%||33.33%||46.67% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Lovastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolaemia (6 people, 25.00%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (3 people, 12.50%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 12.50%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 8.33%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (9 people, 37.50%)
- Temazepam (7 people, 29.17%)
- Ketoprofen (7 people, 29.17%)
- Nicotinic acid (5 people, 20.83%)
- Lopid (5 people, 20.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Lovastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lovastatin and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Lovastatin
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia and lovastatin,any interactions?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Trying To Lose Weight/take Lovastatin For Cholesterol[40mg], and takes Lovastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide)
trying to be safe,does garcinia cambogia interact with lovastatin and/or triamterene ?
- How to stop le and foot cramps?
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Cramps - Leg, Cramps In Legs And Feet At Night, Calf Muscle Cramps At Night, Have Heart And Vascular Deciese, and takes Meloxicam, Celexa, Lovastatin, Ramipril, Coreg, Percocet, Aspirin, Temazepam, Adderall 10)
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar ...
- Does anyone have or had withdrew symptoms from lovastatin 40mg ?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has I Suffer From Major Anxiety For A Year Now., and takes Lovastatin)
I take lovastatin 40mg at night , and mritazapain at night 30mg, premoro low dose daytime methimazol 5 mg for hyperthyroid but its under control now. I need help I stay panic about all day I its really geting to me I take 25mg hydrozain but it dont help. Any info would be a welcome for me. My ...
More questions for: Lovastatin, Muscle cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder, Increase Of Restless Leg Syndromeg, and takes Lovastatin)
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremo ...
- Allopurinol and muscle cramps
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Muscle Cramps, Hypertension Controlled, Cholesterol Controlled, and takes Aspirin, Lopid, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Allopurinol)
Approximately 5 years ago I developed gout and my physician prescribed allopurinol. After a period of time I began to have muscle spasms in the calves of my legs at night. My doctor gave me a prescription for restless leg syndrome, which helped for a short time. I was then given a different presc ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has COPD, IBS, PAD, Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Furosemide, Lovastatin, Miralax)
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
- Bell's palsy and statin drugs
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bell's Palsy, and takes Lovastatin)
I have had bells since Dec 2012 to current sept 2013. I have been taking lovastatin
For over 8 yrs. I believe the lovastatin has something to do with my bells. I also have had traces of blood in my urine samples. Now I am getting hip pain and trembling all over my body. Past three months, I have s ...
More reviews for: Lovastatin, Muscle cramps
- A study of side effects of Viibryd for a patient with Depression. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: both thumbs cramped at the same time and pressed against my hand, had to pull the thumb away to relax the cramp
- A study of side effects of Lovastatin for a patient with To Help With My Colesteral Levels. The patient has Fbooger49
Comments: I take Lovastatin and I also have severe leg and foot cramps at night. I have heard that one of the main side effects of this drug are leg and foot cramps. Is this true or false? Thanks for all the hel/info. and feedback I can get!
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Fosinopril Sodium, Carvedilol for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Chf. The patient has Nocturia
Comments: Am awakened during the night 3-4 times to urinate
- A study of side effects of Lansoprazole for a patient with Hiatal Hernia. The patient has Muscle Cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction)
Comments: have fibromyalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
More related studies for: Lovastatin, Muscle cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Weakness and Finasteride
- Zopiclone and Cocaine Abuse
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (18 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (13 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (16 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (21 hours ago)