Home > Lovastatin > Weight loss > Lovastatin and Weight loss
Review: could Lovastatin cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Lovastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 11,614 people who have side effects while taking Lovastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 81 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lovastatin and have Weight loss >>>
Lovastatin (latest outcomes from 12,113 users) has active ingredients of lovastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Weight loss (latest reports from 98,584 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 11,608 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovastatin. Among them, 81 people (0.70%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Lovastatin when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Lovastatin * :
|Weight loss||32.56%||67.44% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Lovastatin * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.35%||16.22%||24.32%||18.92%||39.19% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Lovastatin ** :
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (16 people, 19.75%)
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 14.81%)
- Partial seizures (10 people, 12.35%)
- Procedural pain (10 people, 12.35%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (27 people, 33.33%)
- Coumadin (25 people, 30.86%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 29.63%)
- Insulin (23 people, 28.40%)
- Lasix (23 people, 28.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Lovastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lovastatin and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Lovastatin
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Does diovan 320 improve kidney function and reduce creatinine?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Overweight)
I was diabetic and was under oral medication. i am OK now I only take some care with my food and my diabetes is within the limit and under control.
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia and lovastatin,any interactions?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Trying To Lose Weight/take Lovastatin For Cholesterol[40mg], and takes Lovastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide)
trying to be safe,does garcinia cambogia interact with lovastatin and/or triamterene ?
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Weight Loss, Stomach Pain, Vomiting, Nausea, , and takes Methotrexate)
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscle ...
- Phentermine topamax and depo provera
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Weight Loss, Birth Control, and takes Xanax, Lamictal, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Allegra, Protonix)
I'm am wondering if th phentermine, the topamax (25 mg x2 a day ) will interfer will the depo provera?
More questions for: Lovastatin, Weight loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder, Increase Of Restless Leg Syndromeg, and takes Lovastatin)
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremo ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Weight loss taking lipitor
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Lost All Body Muscles And Weight Loss, Weight Loss)
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Lovastatin, Weight loss
- A study of side effects of Lovastatin for a patient with To Help With My Colesteral Levels. The patient has Fbooger49
Comments: I take Lovastatin and I also have severe leg and foot cramps at night. I have heard that one of the main side effects of this drug are leg and foot cramps. Is this true or false? Thanks for all the hel/info. and feedback I can get!
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Fosinopril Sodium, Carvedilol for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Chf. The patient has Nocturia
Comments: Am awakened during the night 3-4 times to urinate
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
- A study of side effects of Lovastatin for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: I am still on the medicine and exhausted all the time to the point of not being functional.
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Folic Acid, Prozac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole, Calcium for a patient with Neurosarcoidosis, Cervicitis Human Papilloma Virus, Anxiety, Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Weight Loss, Fatigue - Chronic, Headache - Tension, Dizziness
Comments: Lung biopsy
More related studies for: Lovastatin, Weight loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.