Lovastatin and Weight loss - from FDA reports
Weight loss is found among people who take Lovastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Weight loss with Lovastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,160 people who have side effects when taking Lovastatin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
19,160 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovastatin.
Among them, 99 people (0.52%) have Weight loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lovastatin when people have Weight loss *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Lovastatin *:
- female: 35.71 %
- male: 64.29 %
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Lovastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.82 %
- 30-39: 14.46 %
- 40-49: 22.89 %
- 50-59: 14.46 %
- 60+: 43.37 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (15 people, 15.15%)
- Bipolar Disorder (11 people, 11.11%)
- Procedural Pain (10 people, 10.10%)
- Partial Seizures (10 people, 10.10%)
- Multiple Myeloma (9 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (26 people, 26.26%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 25.25%)
- Lasix (25 people, 25.25%)
- Coumadin (24 people, 24.24%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 24.24%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (42 people, 42.42%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (35 people, 35.35%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (30 people, 30.30%)
- Oedema Peripheral (29 people, 29.29%)
- Chest Pain (29 people, 29.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Weight loss when taking Lovastatin?
- Check symptoms - is weight loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeight loss and drugs with ingredients of lovastatin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeight loss and Lovastatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lovastatin has active ingredients of lovastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lovastatin 20,151 users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 30,777 Weight loss patients).
Browse all side effects of Lovastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Weight lossWeight loss
Could your condition cause Weight lossWeight loss
What would happen?
Questions to the study
i forgot to add to my post that I believe my weight loss of 20 lbs over the last 5 years is from the temazepam. Any suggestions or comments, I am very thin, and cannot gain weight, especially the weight i lost.
I am 27 and have been on Bactrim for about 7 weeks due to a Staph Infection after a Felon in my finger. I have lost 25lbs in this time and it is starting to worry me. I haven't weighed 175lb since the 7th grade. Anyone have any insight or experiences like this on Bactrim?
User reviews to the study
hi I have been on Temazepan for the last 5 years, 25 milligrams. I am thinking of going off it. I have tried twice without success. Any suggestons, or better substitutes. I am an active 82 year old female
I have been on temazepan for about 5 years, without any side effects. However, just lately, I discovered that weight loss is a side effect. I have lost about 20 lbs in the last 5 years, and took every test to find out why. I now believe it is from the temazepan, and i dont want to go off
Hello Everyone, my name is Robbi Vee and I live in the Washington, DC area. I am prior military, now am a military spouse. I am also a thyroid cancer survivor of 10 years-WHOOHOO! However, I am still dealing will the ongoing challenges and frustrations of weight management! I am truly hoping I ...