Review: could Lovaza cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Lovaza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 10,071 people who have side effects while taking Lovaza from FDA and social media. Among them, 193 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lovaza and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Lovaza has active ingredients of omega-3-acid ethyl esters. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 10,424 Lovaza users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,267 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 10,069 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovaza. Among them, 193 people (1.92%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Lovaza when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Lovaza * :
|Atrial fibrillation||54.41%||45.59% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Lovaza * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.53%||11.05%||78.42% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Lovaza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (32 people, 16.58%)
- Atrial fibrillation (23 people, 11.92%)
- Cardiac disorder (17 people, 8.81%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 8.81%)
- Muscle spasms (15 people, 7.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (111 people, 57.51%)
- Lasix (70 people, 36.27%)
- Coumadin (65 people, 33.68%)
- Atenolol (62 people, 32.12%)
- Crestor (51 people, 26.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lovaza and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Lovaza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lovaza and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Lovaza
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Acebutolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Afib. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Lovaza for a 85-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Paralysis Spastic (excl Congenital), Hearing Loss, Hand Tremor, Sneezing, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations), Loose Bowel Movements (weak bowel movement), Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Short-term Memory Loss, Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels), Cough, Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)
Recent Lovaza related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovaza, Fenofibrate for a 48-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Lovaza, Seroquel Xr, Depakote Er, Wellbutrin Xl, Focalin Xr for a 18-year old boy who has Inattention, Behavior Problems, Depression
- Comparions of Antara, Lovaza for a 52-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Lovaza, Vascepa for a 50-year old man who has Blood Triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.