Review: could Lovaza cause Elevated liver enzymes?
Summary: Elevated liver enzymes is reported only by a few people who take Lovaza.
We study 10,072 people who have side effects while taking Lovaza from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Elevated liver enzymes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lovaza and have Elevated liver enzymes >>>
Lovaza has active ingredients of omega-3-acid ethyl esters. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 10,425 Lovaza users)
Elevated liver enzymes
Elevated liver enzymes (high liver enzymes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 307 Elevated liver enzymes patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 10,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovaza. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Elevated Liver Enzymes.
Time on Lovaza when people have Elevated liver enzymes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Lovaza * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Lovaza * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Elevated liver enzymes when taking Lovaza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Elevated liver enzymes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lovaza and elevated liver enzymes on
Do you have Elevated Liver Enzymes while taking Lovaza?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lovaza and have Elevated Liver Enzymes
- support group for people who take Lovaza
- support group for people who have Elevated Liver Enzymes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Lovaza, Trilipix, Simvastatin, Qsymia for a 43-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Loss. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Pulmicort, Metformin, Aspirin, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Irbesartan, Januvia for a 51-year old woman with Hay Fever, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Asthma, Diabetes Mellitus, Abnormal Clotting Factor, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes
- A study of side effects of Dificid for a 43-year old woman with Clostridium Difficile Colitis. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes
- A study of side effects of Percocet for a 38-year old man with Lumbar Spine Flattening. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Liver Cirrhosis, Emboli, Gallstones
Recent Lovaza related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovaza, Fenofibrate for a 48-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Lovaza, Seroquel Xr, Depakote Er, Wellbutrin Xl, Focalin Xr for a 18-year old boy who has Inattention, Behavior Problems, Depression
- Comparions of Antara, Lovaza for a 52-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Lovaza, Vascepa for a 50-year old man who has Blood Triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.