Review: could Lovaza cause Prostate cancer?
Summary: Prostate cancer is found among people who take Lovaza, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Baclofen, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 10,065 people who have side effects while taking Lovaza from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Prostate cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Prostate cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lovaza and have Prostate cancer >>>
Lovaza has active ingredients of omega-3-acid ethyl esters. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lovaza 10,419 users)
Prostate cancer has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, erection problems.(latest reports from Prostate cancer 21,859 patients)
On Dec, 15, 2014: 10,065 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovaza. Among them, 26 people (0.26%) have Prostate Cancer.
Time on Lovaza when people have Prostate cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Prostate cancer||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Prostate cancer when taking Lovaza * :
|Prostate cancer||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Prostate cancer when taking Lovaza * :
|Prostate cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||44.00%||56.00% |
Severity of Prostate cancer when taking Lovaza ** :
How people recovered from Prostate cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 34.62%)
- Diabetes mellitus (9 people, 34.62%)
- Blood cholesterol (7 people, 26.92%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 26.92%)
- Arthralgia (5 people, 19.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (14 people, 53.85%)
- Pravastatin (11 people, 42.31%)
- Gabapentin (11 people, 42.31%)
- Prednisone (10 people, 38.46%)
- Protonix (10 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Prostate Cancer while taking Lovaza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lovaza and have Prostate Cancer
- support group for people who take Lovaza
- support group for people who have Prostate Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer (1 answer)
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Enbrel)
already on enbrel, doing well do not want to stop, but diagnosed with prostate ca. Should I stop
- Ive been taking zanaflex 4 mg for a year and my dr added wellbutrin. i take them both at night then take another 4 mg of zanaflex in the morning and i experience extreme drowsiness and a high feeling?
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Muscle Spasticity, Stroke Symptom, Anger, and takes Baclofen, Diovan Hct, Lovaza, Zanaflex, ASA, Vitamin B12, Pristiq, Wellbutrin Xl)
I HAD A STROKE 3 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 37 THAT WAS DUE TO MALFORMED MIDDLE CEREBRAL ARTERY. I WAS PUT ON CELEXA WHICH WASNT CONTROLLING MY ANGER SO WAS PUT ON PRISTIQ. AFTER ALMOST A YEAR IT WASNT WORKING AS WELL SO DR ADDED WELLBUTRIN. ALL OTHER MEDS REMAINED SAME BUT HAVE HAD AN ISSUE AFTER TAKING MORNING MEDS I FEEL HIGH. I FEEL ITS THE WELLBUTRIN AND ZANAFLEX. IM UNSURE OF THE HALF LIFE OF WELLBUTRIN.
- What causes facial,arm and hand puffiness? worse when sleeping...a layer of fluid just under skin.
(Asked by a 51 year old man who has Layer Of Fluid Just Under Skin...facial,arms And Hands., and takes Lovaza)
It started out about 3 months ago with slight puffiness on sides of nose bridge about 1/2" below glasses
A month later I noticed random puffiness between eyebrows and increased puffiness on sides of nose bridge.
After Labor Day my entire face got puffy and remained so...gets worse at night sleep with a layer of fluid like under scalp.
Puffiness doesn't appear as moon.
Initially Dr. Dismissed my concern and recommended a Psychologist
Went back two weeks ago and they recommended Claritin.
I'm health conscious and exercise frequently.
The only Chang I've made was a testosterone treatment in Dec 2013.
Natural injection of 11 pellets of Soy and Yam.
For first time I had 3-4 night sweats a few months back.
Has Antoine had similar experience and if so...was there resolution?
- Is finasteride compatible with tamulosin?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Flomax, Finasteride)
are these 2 meds compatible?I have been prescribed both and would like to know if they work together. Also is it normal to urinate 6+ times per night even after radiation therapy and hormonal treatment,(zoladex&casadex)?
- Can azilect and diazepam be taken together
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, Prostate Cancer, and takes Azilect)
We need to know if taking diazepam will help him sleep. He wakes up every couple hours , hes exhausted and becomes hard to deal with and mean. He sometimes says weird off the wall things. Gets mean and unmanageable at times. Needs more sleep
More questions for: Lovaza, Prostate cancer
More reviews for: Lovaza, Prostate cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamins, Flonase, Fenofibrate, Niaspan, Lovaza, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Androgel, Bystolic, Nexium, Diovan for a patient with Low Magnesium, Fatigue, Post Nasal Drip, High Bloood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Herpes Gestationis, Low Testosterone, Heart, Gerd, High Blood Pressure.
Comments: Six weeks on 300 mg once daily of allopurinol for gout taken at night.
Suffering abnormal fatigue that is making work more challenging.
Considering asking doctor to switch to Uloric as an alternative due to fatigue symptoms.
- A study of side effects of Lovaza for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Sore Urethra, Bladder Pressure, Blood In Urine And High White Blood Cell Count In Uringe
Comments: I started taking this medication and 6 days later I thought I had a fast and furious bladder issue or urethra issue. Since it was a Sunday night, I called the pharmacist and asked about bladder/urethra side effects. He said there weren't any such side effects. t had a urine test done on day 7 and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
- A study of drug interactions between Cortef, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Niaspan, Lovaza, Metformin for a patient with Cortisol Level, Hypothyroidism, Blood Pressure Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Insulin Resistance. The patient has Stomach Upset
Comments: Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with or ...
- A study of side effects of Lovaza for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Decreased. The patient has Palpitations Aggravated (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Comments: I've been taking Lovaza for approx 3 years as an alternative to Statin drugs. I also to 81mg if asprin daily and now rage 10mg of Avorastatin. For the past 5 months I have been experiencing hear palpitations and sometimes it is severe. My blood pressure has always been excellent. I has a stress test ...
More related studies for: Lovaza, Prostate cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.