Review: could Lovaza cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Lovaza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 10,071 people who have side effects while taking Lovaza from FDA and social media. Among them, 620 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lovaza and have Rash >>>
Lovaza has active ingredients of omega-3-acid ethyl esters. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 10,424 Lovaza users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 151,048 Rash patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 10,069 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovaza. Among them, 620 people (6.16%) have Rash.
Time on Lovaza when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rash when taking Lovaza * :
Age of people who have Rash when taking Lovaza * :
Severity of Rash when taking Lovaza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (99 people, 15.97%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (69 people, 11.13%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (50 people, 8.06%)
- Pain (43 people, 6.94%)
- Blood cholesterol (41 people, 6.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (233 people, 37.58%)
- Niaspan (183 people, 29.52%)
- Vitamin d (122 people, 19.68%)
- Synthroid (85 people, 13.71%)
- Calcium (82 people, 13.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Lovaza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lovaza and have Rash
- support group for people who take Lovaza
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Lovaza related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovaza, Fenofibrate for a 48-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Lovaza, Seroquel Xr, Depakote Er, Wellbutrin Xl, Focalin Xr for a 18-year old boy who has Inattention, Behavior Problems, Depression
- Comparions of Antara, Lovaza for a 52-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Lovaza, Vascepa for a 50-year old man who has Blood Triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.