Lovaza and Thin blood - from FDA reports
Thin blood is found among people who take Lovaza, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Thin blood with Lovaza. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,743 people who have side effects when taking Lovaza from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
13,743 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovaza.
Among them, 159 people (1.16%) have Thin blood
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lovaza when people have Thin blood *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thin blood when taking Lovaza *:
- female: 37.66 %
- male: 62.34 %
Age of people who have Thin blood when taking Lovaza *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.51 %
- 40-49: 3.15 %
- 50-59: 20.47 %
- 60+: 70.87 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (21 people, 13.21%)
- Multiple Myeloma (17 people, 10.69%)
- Breast Cancer (10 people, 6.29%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (9 people, 5.66%)
- Pain (9 people, 5.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (42 people, 26.42%)
- Aspirin (37 people, 23.27%)
- Allopurinol (36 people, 22.64%)
- Zometa (34 people, 21.38%)
- Simvastatin (30 people, 18.87%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (49 people, 30.82%)
- Breathing Difficulty (44 people, 27.67%)
- Diarrhea (43 people, 27.04%)
- Stress And Anxiety (41 people, 25.79%)
- Injury (40 people, 25.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Thin blood when taking Lovaza?
- Check symptoms - is thin blood caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThin blood and drugs with ingredients of omega-3-acid ethyl esters.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThin blood and Lovaza from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lovaza has active ingredients of omega-3-acid ethyl esters. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lovaza 14,391 users)
Thin blood has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, preventive health care, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 144,868 Thin blood patients).
Browse all side effects of Lovazaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Thin bloodThin blood
Could your condition cause Thin bloodThin blood
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My Doctor told me I have low vitamin D and he also has me on Crestor 5 mg once a day, also knows I take ibuprofen for pain. Also low Vitamin B history. Blood work just done had platelets 134 then repeat came in at 100. Said I need to see hematologist for low platelets. Never said to stop ...
User reviews to the study
I am a 17 year old male with NF1. I have an optic glioma that limits my field of vision in my left eye and leaves my right eye with only light and dark. I have had chemo and radiation to treat my glioma when I was 6 and 12 when the tumor grew. I also have allergies and asthma. My ITP ...
Surprised to just find out today that having taken Prodaxa for a numbe of years my platelet count has continued to decrease. I am concerned about the MDS that is associated with the symptoms. Any suggestions appreciated
Hi I'm 68, male and live in London. I am recently diagnosed with thrombocytopenia and have been taking Sinemet with Ropinerole for two years. Prior to that I took only Ropinerole. (For PD). I strongly suspect that the thrombocytopenia and Sinemet are linked but my doctors are sceptical. I have ...