Review: could Lovaza cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Lovaza, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 10,072 people who have side effects while taking Lovaza from FDA and social media. Among them, 222 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lovaza and have Weight gain >>>
Lovaza has active ingredients of omega-3-acid ethyl esters. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 10,425 Lovaza users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 10,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovaza. Among them, 222 people (2.20%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Lovaza when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||25.00%||31.25%||25.00%||6.25%||6.25%||0.00%||6.25% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Lovaza * :
|Weight gain||76.99%||23.01% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Lovaza * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||1.56%||0.52%||6.77%||28.12%||22.40%||40.62% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Lovaza ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||62.50%||0.00%||37.50% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (31 people, 13.96%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 10.36%)
- Cardiac disorder (21 people, 9.46%)
- Obesity (20 people, 9.01%)
- Muscle spasms (18 people, 8.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (63 people, 28.38%)
- Omeprazole (40 people, 18.02%)
- Furosemide (39 people, 17.57%)
- Lisinopril (38 people, 17.12%)
- Vitamin d (36 people, 16.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lovaza and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Lovaza?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lovaza and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Lovaza
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 45-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Vesicare for a 36-year old woman with Overactive Bladder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Weight Gain, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Tired Eyes, Red Eyes, Dry Eyes, Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Watery Eyes
Recent Lovaza related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovaza, Fenofibrate for a 48-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Lovaza, Coumadin, Nuvigil, Oxycontin for a 61-year old man who has Polyneuropathy Chronic
- Comparions of Lovaza, Seroquel Xr, Depakote Er, Wellbutrin Xl, Focalin Xr for a 18-year old boy who has Inattention, Behavior Problems, Depression
- Comparions of Antara, Lovaza for a 52-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Lovaza, Vascepa for a 50-year old man who has Blood Triglycerides
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.