Review: could Lovenox cause Accidental needle stick?
Summary: Accidental needle stick is found among people who take Lovenox, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, and have Accidental exposure.
We study 19,238 people who have side effects while taking Lovenox from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Accidental needle stick. Find out below who they are, when they have Accidental needle stick and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lovenox and have Accidental needle stick >>>
Lovenox has active ingredients of enoxaparin sodium. It is often used in deep venous thrombosis. (latest outcomes from Lovenox 19,519 users)
Accidental needle stick
Accidental needle stick has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy.(latest reports from Accidental needle stick 1,155 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 19,236 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovenox. Among them, 16 people (0.08%) have Accidental Needle Stick.
Time on Lovenox when people have Accidental needle stick * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Accidental needle stick||60.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Accidental needle stick when taking Lovenox * :
|Accidental needle stick||91.67%||8.33% |
Age of people who have Accidental needle stick when taking Lovenox * :
|Accidental needle stick||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Accidental needle stick when taking Lovenox ** :
How people recovered from Accidental needle stick ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Accidental exposure (1 people, 6.25%)
- Knee arthroplasty (1 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Accidental Needle Stick while taking Lovenox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lovenox and have Accidental Needle Stick
- support group for people who take Lovenox
- support group for people who have Accidental Needle Stick
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first week I noticed a return of sex desires and good erection. After the second week I experience again lack of libido and full impotence which still persisting after 6 weeks from the return fight.
- Lovenox given in muscle of upper arm with bleeding reducing hgb 7 gms. are antibiotics recommended?
Following a Lovenox in muscle of right upper arm, I had a serious bleed with hgb dropping 4 gms in 48 hours then going down anoter 2.7.gms. Is there any way this drop could be from other source rather than an active bleed as hospital is suggesting even though they admitted to the medication error.
- Any one has gain weight from lovenox? weight gain/fatigue
Was on Warafin however it was NOT keeping my blood thin. Reason believed is that the pharmacy and my health plan was giving me the cheapest brand out there. They refuse to pay for the good stuff which would have cost only a few more dollars a month and I would have even paid the difference. Had all studies done and the end result was the low grade warafin. while on this I started gaining weight, was bloated a lot, and headaches increased. Now I am on Lovenox injections everyday and it is way way more expensive than the warafin. They will pay $4,000 a month instead of $5.00 why I don't know. Anyway, Since starting the Lovenox which I have been on Since June 2012 till now I have gained 60 lbs and that is a lot of weight for me. I try to eat healthy but now I am more tired/fatigued than I ever was before along with this weight gain. This weight gain has come on over a short period of time. Once I was off the warafin the weight dropped I gain. But I have gained more weight on the lovenox than the warafin. And I have been on the Lovenox longer so that why the more weight and more weight on the lovenox. How can I combat this. It is to much for my body. I have had every blood test and study done to see of it was due to anything else and the answer is NO. No one can explained it and I have been to the specialist who study you for anything and everything and I am clean. Any advice? Any one else have this problem with the fatigue and huge weight gain.
- Would the combination of the following drugs in 1 24hr period cause death ? (2 answers)
My husband was sent to hospital for double pneumonia, er determined afrib heart instead of pneumonia, gave a total of 18 drugs and 11 iv bags in 24 hours, he had an input of liquids 9350 ml and output was 350, with 0 in the last 5 hours. he gained 20 lbs in this 1 day . He did not even meet their requirement for admittance according to records but was admitted because an outside doctor sent him. His records , 196 pages, are in 3 different time zones, deleted and discontinued orders are followed anyway, just one big mess ending with a group of clowns trying to revive him with a set of pediatric paddles. Hell of a way to die.
- Can you take a laxative which taking coumadin 6 mg. and lovenox injections 100 mg.
Im taking medicine for DVT
More questions for: Lovenox, Accidental needle stick
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
More reviews for: Lovenox, Accidental needle stick
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I am 25 weeks pregnant and on lovenox 80mg twice a day. I have been on it about 6 weeks. Lately I have been getting these migraines that hurt so bad I vomit. Sensitive to light and extremely irritable. I spend a day or so after I get the headache feeling like I been beat up. I get body aches and ha ...
- I fight type 2 diabetes with life change, diet, and supplements. I have refused the normal meds. due to side effects. I have the disease controlled with daily testing (in eighties). The doctor wants me to go on Coumadin after my knee surgery and they state they will inject me withLovenox during surg ...
- I would like to use a Supplement that contains Magnesium Oxide compound. The product does not list its ingredients. "Plexus Bio-Cleanse ... Magnesium Oxide compund with Oxgen Enhancement and Vitamin C with Biofavonoids"
- my husband died in the hospital after being given dildazem, enoxiparin, fursomide, well... 18 different drugs (some two or three times) all in a 25 hour period. he died. i need to know why so many contradicting drugs were given .
- Items in section 3 are currently under evaluation. Most began to emerge, subtly, approximately 11 years ago and have intensified over the past 2-3 years. Myelomalacia involving a 9.5-cm segment of the posterior column of the spinal cord was demonstrated on MRI 2 weeks ago.
More related studies for: Lovenox, Accidental needle stick
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.