Review: could Lovenox cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Drug withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Lovenox, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 19,238 people who have side effects while taking Lovenox from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lovenox and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Lovenox has active ingredients of enoxaparin sodium. It is often used in deep venous thrombosis. (latest outcomes from Lovenox 19,519 users)
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity.(latest reports from Drug withdrawal syndrome 32,657 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 19,238 people reported to have side effects when taking Lovenox. Among them, 71 people (0.37%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Lovenox when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Lovenox * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||19.23%||80.77% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Lovenox * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||17.39%||39.13%||28.99%||14.49% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (42 people, 59.15%)
- Muscle spasms (10 people, 14.08%)
- Depression (9 people, 12.68%)
- Insomnia (7 people, 9.86%)
- Hypogonadism (7 people, 9.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (57 people, 80.28%)
- Neurontin (47 people, 66.20%)
- Prozac (39 people, 54.93%)
- Morphine sulfate (34 people, 47.89%)
- Vicodin (34 people, 47.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Lovenox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lovenox and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Lovenox
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Enoxaparin Sodium)
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first ...
- Lovenox given in muscle of upper arm with bleeding reducing hgb 7 gms. are antibiotics recommended?
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Loss Of Hgb Of 7 Gms Following Lovenox In Muscle Of Upper Arm, and takes Lovenox)
Following a Lovenox in muscle of right upper arm, I had a serious bleed with hgb dropping 4 gms in 48 hours then going down anoter 2.7.gms. Is there any way this drop could be from other source rather than an active bleed as hospital is suggesting even though they admitted to the medication error.
- Any one has gain weight from lovenox? weight gain/fatigue
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, and takes Lovenox)
Was on Warafin however it was NOT keeping my blood thin. Reason believed is that the pharmacy and my health plan was giving me the cheapest brand out there. They refuse to pay for the good stuff which would have cost only a few more dollars a month and I would have even paid the difference. Had all ...
- Would the combination of the following drugs in 1 24hr period cause death ? (2 answers)
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Heart Rate Irregular, and takes Lovenox, Metoprolol Succinate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Belladonna, Pantoprazole, Levofloxacin, Epinephrine, Lasix)
My husband was sent to hospital for double pneumonia, er determined afrib heart instead of pneumonia, gave a total of 18 drugs and 11 iv bags in 24 hours, he had an input of liquids 9350 ml and output was 350, with 0 in the last 5 hours. he gained 20 lbs in this 1 day . He did not even meet their re ...
- Can you take a laxative which taking coumadin 6 mg. and lovenox injections 100 mg.
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Blood Clots, and takes Lovenox, Coumadin)
Im taking medicine for DVT
More questions for: Lovenox, Drug withdrawal syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Understanding and living with cancer
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Brain Damage, Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome, Encephalopathy, Partial (focal) Seizure, and takes Dilantin, Keppra, Lamictal, Lorazepam, Seroquel, Slow-k, Miralax, Lovenox, Ondansetron, Ibuprofen, Sennosides, Folic Acid, Hycodan)
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could n ...
More reviews for: Lovenox, Drug withdrawal syndrome
- A study of side effects of Lovenox for a patient with Obstetrical Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Headache - Migraine With Aura (silent migraine)
Comments: I am 25 weeks pregnant and on lovenox 80mg twice a day. I have been on it about 6 weeks. Lately I have been getting these migraines that hurt so bad I vomit. Sensitive to light and extremely irritable. I spend a day or so after I get the headache feeling like I been beat up. I get body aches and ha ...
- A study of side effects of Lovenox for a patient with At Beginning Surgery.
Comments: I fight type 2 diabetes with life change, diet, and supplements. I have refused the normal meds. due to side effects. I have the disease controlled with daily testing (in eighties). The doctor wants me to go on Coumadin after my knee surgery and they state they will inject me withLovenox during surg ...
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Oxide, Enoxaparin Sodium for a patient with Supplement (bio-cleanse), Blood Clots.
Comments: I would like to use a Supplement that contains Magnesium Oxide compound. The product does not list its ingredients. "Plexus Bio-Cleanse ... Magnesium Oxide compund with Oxgen Enhancement and Vitamin C with Biofavonoids"
- A study of side effects of Lovenox for a patient with Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Death
Comments: my husband died in the hospital after being given dildazem, enoxiparin, fursomide, well... 18 different drugs (some two or three times) all in a 25 hour period. he died. i need to know why so many contradicting drugs were given .
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Restoril, Colchicine, Alprazolam, Lipitor, Testosterone Cypionate, Cytomel, Synthroid, Provigil, Celebrex, Plaquenil, Symbicort, Flonase, Combivent, Metformin, Furosemide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Oxycodone, Lovenox, Plavix, Coumadin, Humira for a patient with Hypovitaminosis, Middle Insomnia, Gout - Acute, Stress And Anxiety, Hypercholesterolemia, Blood Testosterone Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Somnolence, Pain Management, Lupus-like Syndrome, Asthma, Nasal Decongestion Therapy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Kidney Disease, Essential Hypertension, Breakthrough Pain, Hypercoagulable States, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Myelomalacia, Sensory Disturbance, Hyperacusis, Tinnitus, Vision Impairment, Speech Impairment (adult), Muscle Twitching, Depression, Short-term Memory Loss, Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Gait Abnormal, Tremor, Hyporeflexia, Cognitive Deterioration
Comments: Items in section 3 are currently under evaluation. Most began to emerge, subtly, approximately 11 years ago and have intensified over the past 2-3 years. Myelomalacia involving a 9.5-cm segment of the posterior column of the spinal cord was demonstrated on MRI 2 weeks ago.
More related studies for: Lovenox, Drug withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.