Review: could Lumigan cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Lumigan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Vitamins, and have Glaucoma.
We study 3,655 people who have side effects while taking Lumigan from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lumigan and have Hair loss >>>
Lumigan has active ingredients of bimatoprost. It is often used in glaucoma. (latest outcomes from 3,772 Lumigan users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 3,654 people reported to have side effects when taking Lumigan. Among them, 22 people (0.60%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Lumigan when people have Hair loss * :
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Lumigan * :
|Hair loss||86.96%||13.04% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Lumigan * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.26%||0.00%||0.00%||94.74% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Lumigan ** :
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Glaucoma (6 people, 27.27%)
- Breast cancer female (3 people, 13.64%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 13.64%)
- Atrial fibrillation (2 people, 9.09%)
- Vitamin supplementation (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamins (6 people, 27.27%)
- Vitamin b-12 (3 people, 13.64%)
- Arimidex (3 people, 13.64%)
- Zetia (3 people, 13.64%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lumigan and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Lumigan?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lumigan and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Lumigan
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Lumigan related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lumigan, Ibuprofen for a 64-year old woman who has Lumigan
- Comparions of Lumigan, Cosopt for a 81-year old man who has Intraocular Pressure
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Zioptan, Lumigan for a 65-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Metformin, Brimonidine Tartrate; Timolol Maleate, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride, Lumigan for a 89-year old woman who has Glaucoma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.