Home > Lupron depot > Benign intracranial hypertension > Lupron depot and Benign intracranial hypertension
Review: could Lupron depot cause Benign intracranial hypertension (Pseudotumor cerebri)?
Summary: Benign intracranial hypertension is found among people who take Lupron depot, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lupron depot-3, and have Endometriosis.
We study 9,058 people who have side effects while taking Lupron depot from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Benign intracranial hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Benign intracranial hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Benign intracranial hypertension >>>
Lupron depot (latest outcomes from 6,962 users) has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis.
Benign intracranial hypertension
Benign intracranial hypertension (benign intracranial hypertension (bih) is a headache syndrome) (latest reports from 5,964 patients) has been reported by people with acne, birth control, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain, depression.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 9,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron depot. Among them, 14 people (0.15%) have Benign Intracranial Hypertension.
Time on Lupron depot when people have Benign intracranial hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Benign intracranial hypertension||25.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Benign intracranial hypertension when taking Lupron depot * :
|Benign intracranial hypertension||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||50.00%||33.33%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Benign intracranial hypertension when taking Lupron depot ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Benign intracranial hypertension||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Benign intracranial hypertension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Benign intracranial hypertension||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Endometriosis (6 people, 42.86%)
- Pelvic pain (3 people, 21.43%)
- Vitamin supplementation (2 people, 14.29%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 14.29%)
- Assisted fertilisation (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lupron depot-3 (11 people, 78.57%)
- Ergocalciferol (2 people, 14.29%)
- Montelukast (2 people, 14.29%)
- One-a-day women's (2 people, 14.29%)
- Femhrt (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Benign Intracranial Hypertension while taking Lupron Depot?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Benign Intracranial Hypertension
- support group for people who take Lupron depot
- support group for people who have Benign Intracranial Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Your experience with eligard
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic, and takes Eligard)
I started out with Firmagon in April 2013. They decided that I could be alergic to it after my belly swelled up and turned red. Switched to Eligard January 2014. The eligard causes more unwanted symptoms than the Firmagon.
I would like to just stop taking this drug even though it has reduced ...
- I am a 38 yr old who was treated for endometriosis with 6 mos. of lupron. my body hasn't been the same since, 5 years later. is there a link between lupron & thyroid disfunction & infertility?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Subclinical Hypothyroidism, Higher Than Normal FHS Levels, Infertility Female, and takes Lupron)
I was healthy and active before going on Lupron (against my better judgement). During the time I was on it I experienced hot flashes, night sweats, waking up to got to bathroom, frequent urination, flaking of scalp skin, loss of hair, weight gain, and a foot injury that came out of nowhere. It's b ...
- Lupron and rheumatoid arthritis
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Hot Flashes, Vascular Dementia, and takes Lupron)
I took Lupron off and on for many years due to a medical condition and now my joints hurt so bad and lock and pop so bad. I took Lupron injections for a total of 24 months, could this be the cause if such pain in my joints and if so what can I do to prevent it from getting worse? And chronic breathi ...
- Will joint pain, night sweats and hot flashes go way?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis, and takes Lupron Depot)
I have joint pain in finger joints, wrists, elbows, severe in hips, ankles, feet, knees. I also have night sweats, hot flashes, stiffness and can't sleep long. I had three one month Lupron Depot shots followed by a three month dosage. The symptoms got really bad after the three month dosage. Wil ...
- I'm experiencing lack of strength and stamina while on luprondepot. i've had hdr with ebrt and september will be 6 mo. of lupron. i'm supposed to get 2 years of the drug but feel lousy. any thoughts?
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Stage Iii, Pacemaker, and takes Lupron Depot)
I'd like to stop taking Lupron Depot at the end of the 6 month period and forgo the entire 2 years of shots. My quality of life has greatly diminished since it's a struggle to do even mild exercise, and I'm concerned about heart complications and bone fractures while on the drug. I've been an activ ...
More questions for: Lupron depot, Benign intracranial hypertension
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lupron for prostate cancer and the efects on tia
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has Prostatic Specific Antigen Increased, and takes Lupron)
got a shot on friday had a tia that night....my best buddy had done the same thing and didn't wake up the next morning (4 months ago )he had a stroke i am scared to take this anymore..
- Minocycline caused iih
(Posted by a 26 year old woman who has Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, and takes Minocycline Hydrochloride)
Took minocycline for 3 months for treatment of my acne . I then suffer with bleeds behind my eyes causes by iih . Everyone was quick to jump to the fact that it was minocycline that caused the iih and that doctors do know if the alarming rate of this condition happening in patients being treated for ...
More reviews for: Lupron depot, Benign intracranial hypertension
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a patient with Tachycardia. The patient has Benign Intracranial Hypertension (benign intracranial hypertension (bih) is a headache syndrome)
Comments: I was diagnosed with very mild tachycardia in 2008 (heart rate never rose above 108). I have been a yo yo dieter and am a college student. I reached the heaviest I've been in 2011 and weighed 272 lbs when I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (pseudotomor cerebri) and Papilledema ...
- A study of side effects of Lupron for a patient with Endometriosis. The patient has Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints)
Comments: I took lupron (or synarel - medication functions in the same way, but is adminstered as a nasal spray instead of injection) for just under two years total, once for four months and once for 19 months. About 6 weeks after starting the medication, I experienced severe shoulder and hip joint pain that ...
- A study of side effects of Lupron for a patient with Menorrhagia. The patient has Dizziness
Comments: I was initially diagnosed of Severe Anemia. I was given the Lupron injection while I was in the ER because I didn't really want blood transfusion. The doctor said that the medication would help stop my period and it would last for 3 months. I asked what kind of side effects does it have. The docto ...
More related studies for: Lupron depot, Benign intracranial hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Metallic Taste and Nitroglycerin
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (1 hour ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (5 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (7 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (1 hour ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (6 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (14 minutes ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (1 hour ago)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide, Ativan, Budesonide for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety, Colitis Microscopic (2 hours ago)