Review: could Lupron depot cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Lupron depot, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Warfarin sodium, and have Prostate cancer.
We study 9,058 people who have side effects while taking Lupron depot from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Death >>>
Lupron depot has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis. (latest outcomes from Lupron depot 6,963 users)
Death (latest reports from Death 183,730 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 9,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron depot. Among them, 179 people (1.98%) have Death.
Time on Lupron depot when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Death when taking Lupron depot * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prostate cancer (145 people, 81.01%)
- Uterine leiomyoma (9 people, 5.03%)
- Precocious puberty (7 people, 3.91%)
- Menorrhagia (4 people, 2.23%)
- Dialysis (4 people, 2.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Warfarin sodium (7 people, 3.91%)
- Lipitor (7 people, 3.91%)
- Altace (6 people, 3.35%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 2.79%)
- Casodex (5 people, 2.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Lupron Depot?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Death
- support group for people who take Lupron depot
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Your experience with eligard
I started out with Firmagon in April 2013. They decided that I could be alergic to it after my belly swelled up and turned red. Switched to Eligard January 2014. The eligard causes more unwanted symptoms than the Firmagon.
I would like to just stop taking this drug even though it has reduced my PSA to under 1 and the testosterone is where they like to see it. I am doing a number of natural things involving the diet. Many people believe that this can work to bring about a remission. Of course, while I am taking the drug to lower these markers, I can not know what the natural protocols are doing with the cancer. The only way to know this is to go off the medication intermitantly or for good.
If anyone has been in this situation and stopped the HDT, I would like to hear your experience.
- I am a 38 yr old who was treated for endometriosis with 6 mos. of lupron. my body hasn't been the same since, 5 years later. is there a link between lupron & thyroid disfunction & infertility? (1 answer)
I was healthy and active before going on Lupron (against my better judgement). During the time I was on it I experienced hot flashes, night sweats, waking up to got to bathroom, frequent urination, flaking of scalp skin, loss of hair, weight gain, and a foot injury that came out of nowhere. It's been 5 years since I've been on it and my symptoms have continued. I am now married and have been trying to get pregnant for 9 months without luck. We are being tested and the first results came back from blood work stating I have subclinical hypothyroidism and my FSH levels are at 15 (they should be no higher than 9ish for my age - 19 is post menopause). My periods which had always been regular, now occur anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks apart and the flow is different. My joints are in constant pain regardless of injections and therapy without any sustained injury and in the last 2 1/2 years I have shrunk 3/4"! I know there have been others who have experienced similar issues after using this drug. Have there been any direct links to it and thyroid or pituitary gland malfunctions - permanently? I have also heard there was/is/or is going to be a law suit against this drug. Any info or direction would be most helpful! Thanks!
- Lupron and rheumatoid arthritis (1 answer)
I took Lupron off and on for many years due to a medical condition and now my joints hurt so bad and lock and pop so bad. I took Lupron injections for a total of 24 months, could this be the cause if such pain in my joints and if so what can I do to prevent it from getting worse? And chronic breathing issues. I have to take ad air now and lots and lots of NSAIDs. Steroids seem to help My joint pain , breathing and digestive issues, and memory issues.
Sorry had to edit my email address left out information and the length of time for injections was 24 months nit two, 4 - 6 month intramuscular injections.
- Will joint pain, night sweats and hot flashes go way? (1 answer)
I have joint pain in finger joints, wrists, elbows, severe in hips, ankles, feet, knees. I also have night sweats, hot flashes, stiffness and can't sleep long. I had three one month Lupron Depot shots followed by a three month dosage. The symptoms got really bad after the three month dosage. Will these symptoms subside and how long does it usually take?
- Causes of extreme fatigue and fainting when stressed and chronic panic/anxiety and insomnia (1 answer)
since daughters death 6 years ago I have been extremely fatigued, no energy for anything, dizziness chronic and have fainted about 7 times in the past 18 months, severe panic when leaving my home to the point of choking and vomiting, also wake up with flashbacks to my childs death nightly. Have been on antidepressants for 5 years stopped them about a year ago but no improvement. Nothing works can not locate a Dr to assist. whats wrong with me?
More questions for: Lupron depot, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity (1 response)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribed both Adderrall and Opana by the same doctor, and had been taking both successfully and as directed for some time. Autopsy indicated he was otherwise healthy.
I've lost my husband to this toxic combination. He went to bed; I awoke to life without my best friend. Please be aware of potentially fatal prescription combinations. Discuss these with your Dr. or pharmacist. Do the research, watch for side effects, voice your concerns - it could save a life.
- Lupron for prostate cancer and the efects on tia
got a shot on friday had a tia that night....my best buddy had done the same thing and didn't wake up the next morning (4 months ago )he had a stroke i am scared to take this anymore..
More reviews for: Lupron depot, Death
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- My brother had MRSA and the nursing home was giving him Prednisone for Asthma. I know that Prednisone lowers the bodies amune system and what have allowed the MRSA to flourish. Is this true because when i told the staff of what i have discovered about this one medication they had been giving him for ...
- Urine has smelled like I ate asparagus for past 2 weeks. (None has been actually eaten) Got second lupron shot 22.5 mg about 3 weeks ago and that evening slipped on ice and fell on injection site. Onset of odor was preceded by sharp tin foil taste in mouth for about 4 days that occurred when eating ...
- My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
More related studies for: Lupron depot, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.