Home > Lupron depot > Metallic taste > Lupron depot and Metallic taste
Review: could Lupron depot cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Metallic taste is found among people who take Lupron depot, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Bisoprolol fumarate, and have Prostate cancer.
We study 9,058 people who have side effects while taking Lupron depot from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Metallic taste >>>
Lupron depot (latest outcomes from 6,962 users) has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis.
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) (latest reports from 24,191 patients) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 9,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron depot. Among them, 24 people (0.26%) have Metallic Taste.
Time on Lupron depot when people have Metallic taste * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Metallic taste||27.78%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||16.67%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Lupron depot * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||3.85%||0.00%||3.85%||19.23%||19.23%||53.85% |
Severity of Metallic taste when taking Lupron depot ** :
How people recovered from Metallic taste ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prostate cancer (15 people, 62.50%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 50.00%)
- Prophylaxis (9 people, 37.50%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 37.50%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (9 people, 37.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Bisoprolol fumarate (9 people, 37.50%)
- Lipitor (9 people, 37.50%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 37.50%)
- Multisure for men (9 people, 37.50%)
- Lorazepam (9 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Metallic Taste while taking Lupron Depot?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Metallic Taste
- support group for people who take Lupron depot
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and i'm now having the metallic taste in my mouth like i had before the abortion.
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Metallic Taste)
I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and thought all was okay but i've been experiencing the metallic taste in my mouth for 3 days now.
- Does loss of taste from morphine come back ?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Morphine Sulfate)
I was given morphine 3 months ago and have loss my ability to taste ever since.
- Your experience with eligard
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic, and takes Eligard)
I started out with Firmagon in April 2013. They decided that I could be alergic to it after my belly swelled up and turned red. Switched to Eligard January 2014. The eligard causes more unwanted symptoms than the Firmagon.
I would like to just stop taking this drug even though it has reduced ...
- I am a 38 yr old who was treated for endometriosis with 6 mos. of lupron. my body hasn't been the same since, 5 years later. is there a link between lupron & thyroid disfunction & infertility?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Subclinical Hypothyroidism, Higher Than Normal FHS Levels, Infertility Female, and takes Lupron)
I was healthy and active before going on Lupron (against my better judgement). During the time I was on it I experienced hot flashes, night sweats, waking up to got to bathroom, frequent urination, flaking of scalp skin, loss of hair, weight gain, and a foot injury that came out of nowhere. It's b ...
- Lupron and rheumatoid arthritis
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Hot Flashes, Vascular Dementia, and takes Lupron)
I took Lupron off and on for many years due to a medical condition and now my joints hurt so bad and lock and pop so bad. I took Lupron injections for a total of 24 months, could this be the cause if such pain in my joints and if so what can I do to prevent it from getting worse? And chronic breathi ...
More questions for: Lupron depot, Metallic taste
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Celebrex and taste loss
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Celebrex)
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Lupron for prostate cancer and the efects on tia
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has Prostatic Specific Antigen Increased, and takes Lupron)
got a shot on friday had a tia that night....my best buddy had done the same thing and didn't wake up the next morning (4 months ago )he had a stroke i am scared to take this anymore..
- Loss of taste & recovery
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Loss Of Taste, and takes Simvastatin)
Condition appeared upon use of Simvastatin. Mostly corrected by liberal use of MSG.
More reviews for: Lupron depot, Metallic taste
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Comments: The taste is so bad that it can turn my stomach. I have been told to stay
on the drug due to having a very bad case of shingles in the ear and mouth.
Will it go away when I am off the medication
- A study of side effects of Lupron Depot for a patient with Endometriosis. The patient has Ketonuria (ketones in urine)
Comments: Urine has smelled like I ate asparagus for past 2 weeks. (None has been actually eaten) Got second lupron shot 22.5 mg about 3 weeks ago and that evening slipped on ice and fell on injection site. Onset of odor was preceded by sharp tin foil taste in mouth for about 4 days that occurred when eating ...
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Gemfibrozil, Azor, Lupron for a patient with Urine Output Increased, Total Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Decreased, Prostate Cancer Stage I. The patient has Muscle Aches
Comments: within the last six months I have experienced achy joints and muscles. My scalp breaks out in a rash I have itchy spots on chest and upper abdomen. My B-12 is low and white blood count was low. I had one doctor treat me for one month for Lyme disease with no help, and I have a lot of the side effect ...
- A study of side effects of Erythromycin for a patient with Tooth Infection. The patient has Itching, Headache - Migraine Without Aura (common migraine), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth)
Comments: I am currently taking Erythromycin Base 500 MG tablets (1 tab, 3 times a day) for a tooth infection. I know from previous use the metallic taste will disappear after I stop taking the drug. I tend (and my Doc is aware) to take only 2 a day, but still have icky metallic taste in my mouth. If it didn' ...
More related studies for: Lupron depot, Metallic taste
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.