Review: could Lupron depot cause Suicidal thoughts (Suicidal Ideation)?
Summary: Suicidal thoughts is found among people who take Lupron depot, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lupron depot-3, and have Endometriosis.
We study 9,058 people who have side effects while taking Lupron depot from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Suicidal thoughts. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal thoughts and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Suicidal thoughts >>>
Lupron depot has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis. (latest outcomes from Lupron depot 6,963 users)
Suicidal thoughts has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne.(latest reports from Suicidal thoughts 42,688 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 9,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron depot. Among them, 42 people (0.46%) have Suicidal Thoughts.
Time on Lupron depot when people have Suicidal thoughts * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal thoughts||28.57%||42.86%||19.05%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76% |
Age of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Lupron depot * :
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||12.82%||23.08%||25.64%||20.51%||7.69%||10.26% |
Severity of Suicidal thoughts when taking Lupron depot ** :
How people recovered from Suicidal thoughts ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Endometriosis (27 people, 64.29%)
- Contraception (6 people, 14.29%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (4 people, 9.52%)
- Depression (4 people, 9.52%)
- Prostate cancer (3 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lupron depot-3 (5 people, 11.90%)
- Unknown medication (4 people, 9.52%)
- Allegra (4 people, 9.52%)
- Iron (4 people, 9.52%)
- Flexeril (3 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicidal Thoughts while taking Lupron Depot?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Suicidal Thoughts
- support group for people who take Lupron depot
- support group for people who have Suicidal Thoughts
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Your experience with eligard
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic, and takes Eligard)
I started out with Firmagon in April 2013. They decided that I could be alergic to it after my belly swelled up and turned red. Switched to Eligard January 2014. The eligard causes more unwanted symptoms than the Firmagon.
I would like to just stop taking this drug even though it has reduced my PSA to under 1 and the testosterone is where they like to see it. I am doing a number of natural things involving the diet. Many people believe that this can work to bring about a remission. Of course, while I am taking the drug to lower these markers, I can not know what the natural protocols are doing with the cancer. The only way to know this is to go off the medication intermitantly or for good.
If anyone has been in this situation and stopped the HDT, I would like to hear your experience.
- I am a 38 yr old who was treated for endometriosis with 6 mos. of lupron. my body hasn't been the same since, 5 years later. is there a link between lupron & thyroid disfunction & infertility? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Subclinical Hypothyroidism, Higher Than Normal FHS Levels, Infertility Female, and takes Lupron)
I was healthy and active before going on Lupron (against my better judgement). During the time I was on it I experienced hot flashes, night sweats, waking up to got to bathroom, frequent urination, flaking of scalp skin, loss of hair, weight gain, and a foot injury that came out of nowhere. It's been 5 years since I've been on it and my symptoms have continued. I am now married and have been trying to get pregnant for 9 months without luck. We are being tested and the first results came back from blood work stating I have subclinical hypothyroidism and my FSH levels are at 15 (they should be no higher than 9ish for my age - 19 is post menopause). My periods which had always been regular, now occur anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks apart and the flow is different. My joints are in constant pain regardless of injections and therapy without any sustained injury and in the last 2 1/2 years I have shrunk 3/4"! I know there have been others who have experienced similar issues after using this drug. Have there been any direct links to it and thyroid or pituitary gland malfunctions - permanently? I have also heard there was/is/or is going to be a law suit against this drug. Any info or direction would be most helpful! Thanks!
- Lupron and rheumatoid arthritis (1 answer)
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Hot Flashes, Vascular Dementia, and takes Lupron)
I took Lupron off and on for many years due to a medical condition and now my joints hurt so bad and lock and pop so bad. I took Lupron injections for a total of 24 months, could this be the cause if such pain in my joints and if so what can I do to prevent it from getting worse? And chronic breathing issues. I have to take ad air now and lots and lots of NSAIDs. Steroids seem to help My joint pain , breathing and digestive issues, and memory issues.
Sorry had to edit my email address left out information and the length of time for injections was 24 months nit two, 4 - 6 month intramuscular injections.
- Will joint pain, night sweats and hot flashes go way? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis, and takes Lupron Depot)
I have joint pain in finger joints, wrists, elbows, severe in hips, ankles, feet, knees. I also have night sweats, hot flashes, stiffness and can't sleep long. I had three one month Lupron Depot shots followed by a three month dosage. The symptoms got really bad after the three month dosage. Will these symptoms subside and how long does it usually take?
- I'm experiencing lack of strength and stamina while on luprondepot. i've had hdr with ebrt and september will be 6 mo. of lupron. i'm supposed to get 2 years of the drug but feel lousy. any thoughts?
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Stage Iii, Pacemaker, and takes Lupron Depot)
I'd like to stop taking Lupron Depot at the end of the 6 month period and forgo the entire 2 years of shots. My quality of life has greatly diminished since it's a struggle to do even mild exercise, and I'm concerned about heart complications and bone fractures while on the drug. I've been an active, fit guy for a 77-year old up until now. Anyone in my shoes who's had high density and external beam radiation combined with Lupron depot?
More questions for: Lupron depot, Suicidal thoughts
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lupron for prostate cancer and the efects on tia
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has Prostatic Specific Antigen Increased, and takes Lupron)
got a shot on friday had a tia that night....my best buddy had done the same thing and didn't wake up the next morning (4 months ago )he had a stroke i am scared to take this anymore..
More reviews for: Lupron depot, Suicidal thoughts
- A study of side effects of Plan B for a patient with Unwanted Pregnancy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts, Emotional Distress, Depression
Comments: I've taken Plan B twice in my life. Once in 2012, and once more recently in June 2014. I had many outside stressors poverty, family, lack of support, i.e. prior to taking Plan B. After I took it I felt depressed, unable to relate/communicate to my partner and family and I had severe emotional respon ...
- A study of side effects of Lupron Depot for a patient with Endometriosis. The patient has Ketonuria (ketones in urine)
Comments: Urine has smelled like I ate asparagus for past 2 weeks. (None has been actually eaten) Got second lupron shot 22.5 mg about 3 weeks ago and that evening slipped on ice and fell on injection site. Onset of odor was preceded by sharp tin foil taste in mouth for about 4 days that occurred when eating ...
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Gemfibrozil, Azor, Lupron for a patient with Urine Output Increased, Total Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Decreased, Prostate Cancer Stage I. The patient has Muscle Aches
Comments: within the last six months I have experienced achy joints and muscles. My scalp breaks out in a rash I have itchy spots on chest and upper abdomen. My B-12 is low and white blood count was low. I had one doctor treat me for one month for Lyme disease with no help, and I have a lot of the side effect ...
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Nexium, Vitamin B1, Mirtazapine for a patient with Low Back Pain, Reflux Oesophagitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Trembling Legs, Sensitivity To Heat, Altered Visual Depth Perception, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear, Sensation Of Heaviness, General Physical Health Deterioration, Numbness And Tingling, Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Neck Tightness, Headache, Negative Thoughts, Thoughts - Cloudy, Self Esteem Decreased, Sweating Increased, Nightmares, Loss Of Coordination, Nausea, Impaired Memory, Impaired Self-care, Pelvic Discomfort, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Fear, Difficulty In Walking, Dyskinesia, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Photophobia Aggravated, Crying, Loss Of Libido, Apathy, Personal Withdrawal, Compulsive Lip Biting, Cognitive Deterioration, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Hair Loss, Neglect Of Personal Appearance, Depersonalisation, Derealisation, Dizziness, Tinnitus, Muscle Aches, Tachycardia, Palpitations, Withdrawal Syndrome, Dopesickness, Night Sweats, Suicidal Ideation, Emotional Distress, Depression, Fatigue Aggravated, Fatigue - Chronic, Muscle Cramps, Muscle Twitching, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Confusion, Chills, Tremor, Dystonia, Agitation
Comments: Previously using and recently withdrawn from the following medications: morphine (replaced by suboxone) moclobemide and duloxetine (replaced wita time of intense personal crisis and during an emotional breakdown. Some symptoms existed prior to change in medication, some are new and some have been wo ...
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Nexium, Vitamin B1, Mirtazapine for a patient with Low Back Pain, Reflux Oesophagitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Emotional Distress, Sensitivity To Heat, Altered Visual Depth Perception, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear, Sensation Of Heaviness, General Physical Health Deterioration, Numbness And Tingling, Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Neck Tightness, Headache, Negative Thoughts, Thoughts - Cloudy, Self Esteem Decreased, Sweating Increased, Nightmares, Loss Of Coordination, Nausea, Impaired Memory, Impaired Self-care, Pelvic Discomfort, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Fear, Difficulty In Walking, Dyskinesia, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Photophobia Aggravated, Crying, Loss Of Libido, Apathy, Personal Withdrawal, Compulsive Lip Biting, Cognitive Deterioration, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Hair Loss, Neglect Of Personal Appearance, Depersonalisation, Derealisation, Dizziness, Tinnitus, Muscle Aches, Tachycardia, Palpitations, Withdrawal Syndrome, Dopesickness, Night Sweats, Suicidal Ideation, Emotional Distress, Depression, Fatigue Aggravated, Fatigue - Chronic, Muscle Cramps, Muscle Twitching, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Confusion, Chills, Tremor, Dystonia, Agitation
Comments: Previously using and recently withdrawn from the following medications: morphine (replaced by suboxone) moclobemide and duloxetine (replaced with mirtazipine) and recently tapered off diazepam against will and against medical advice from GP in order to meet local suboxone prescribing regulations. Al ...
More related studies for: Lupron depot, Suicidal thoughts
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.