Review: could Lupron depot cause Suicidal thoughts (Suicidal Ideation)?
Summary: Suicidal thoughts is found among people who take Lupron depot, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lupron depot-3, and have Endometriosis.
We study 9,058 people who have side effects while taking Lupron depot from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Suicidal thoughts. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal thoughts and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Suicidal thoughts >>>
Lupron depot has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis. (latest outcomes from 6,971 Lupron depot users)
Suicidal thoughts has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne. (latest reports from 42,715 Suicidal thoughts patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 9,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron depot. Among them, 42 people (0.46%) have Suicidal Thoughts.
Time on Lupron depot when people have Suicidal thoughts * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal thoughts||28.57%||42.86%||19.05%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76% |
Age of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Lupron depot * :
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||12.82%||23.08%||25.64%||20.51%||7.69%||10.26% |
Severity of Suicidal thoughts when taking Lupron depot ** :
How people recovered from Suicidal thoughts ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Endometriosis (27 people, 64.29%)
- Contraception (6 people, 14.29%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (4 people, 9.52%)
- Depression (4 people, 9.52%)
- Prostate cancer (3 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lupron depot-3 (5 people, 11.90%)
- Unknown medication (4 people, 9.52%)
- Allegra (4 people, 9.52%)
- Iron (4 people, 9.52%)
- Flexeril (3 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicidal Thoughts while taking Lupron Depot?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Suicidal Thoughts
- support group for people who take Lupron depot
- support group for people who have Suicidal Thoughts
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 17-year old boy with Bites - Insects, Bees, And Spiders. The patient has Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 34-year old woman with Pancreatitis Chronic. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 8-year old boy with ADHD. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Avodart, Casodex, Lupron Depot, Avapro for a 83-year old man with Prostate Cancer Recurrent, Blood Pressure. The patient has Fatigue
Recent Lupron depot related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.