Home > Lupron depot > Suicidal thoughts > Lupron depot and Suicidal thoughts
Review: could Lupron depot cause Suicidal thoughts (Suicidal Ideation)?
Summary: Suicidal thoughts is found among people who take Lupron depot, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lupron depot-3, and have Endometriosis.
We study 9,058 people who have side effects while taking Lupron depot from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Suicidal thoughts. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal thoughts and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Suicidal thoughts >>>
Lupron depot (latest outcomes from 6,962 users) has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis.
Suicidal thoughts (latest reports from 271,716 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 9,058 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron depot. Among them, 42 people (0.46%) have Suicidal Thoughts.
Time on Lupron depot when people have Suicidal thoughts * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal thoughts||28.57%||42.86%||19.05%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76% |
Age of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Lupron depot * :
|Suicidal thoughts||0.00%||0.00%||12.82%||23.08%||25.64%||20.51%||7.69%||10.26% |
Severity of Suicidal thoughts when taking Lupron depot ** :
How people recovered from Suicidal thoughts ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Endometriosis (27 people, 64.29%)
- Contraception (6 people, 14.29%)
- Dysmenorrhoea (4 people, 9.52%)
- Depression (4 people, 9.52%)
- Prostate cancer (3 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lupron depot-3 (5 people, 11.90%)
- Unknown medication (4 people, 9.52%)
- Allegra (4 people, 9.52%)
- Iron (4 people, 9.52%)
- Flexeril (3 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicidal Thoughts while taking Lupron Depot?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lupron depot and have Suicidal Thoughts
- support group for people who take Lupron depot
- support group for people who have Suicidal Thoughts
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Your experience with eligard
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic, and takes Eligard)
I started out with Firmagon in April 2013. They decided that I could be alergic to it after my belly swelled up and turned red. Switched to Eligard January 2014. The eligard causes more unwanted symptoms than the Firmagon.
I would like to just stop taking this drug even though it has reduced ...
- I am a 38 yr old who was treated for endometriosis with 6 mos. of lupron. my body hasn't been the same since, 5 years later. is there a link between lupron & thyroid disfunction & infertility?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Subclinical Hypothyroidism, Higher Than Normal FHS Levels, Infertility Female, and takes Lupron)
I was healthy and active before going on Lupron (against my better judgement). During the time I was on it I experienced hot flashes, night sweats, waking up to got to bathroom, frequent urination, flaking of scalp skin, loss of hair, weight gain, and a foot injury that came out of nowhere. It's b ...
- Lupron and rheumatoid arthritis
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Hot Flashes, Vascular Dementia, and takes Lupron)
I took Lupron off and on for many years due to a medical condition and now my joints hurt so bad and lock and pop so bad. I took Lupron injections for a total of 24 months, could this be the cause if such pain in my joints and if so what can I do to prevent it from getting worse? And chronic breathi ...
- Will joint pain, night sweats and hot flashes go way?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis, and takes Lupron Depot)
I have joint pain in finger joints, wrists, elbows, severe in hips, ankles, feet, knees. I also have night sweats, hot flashes, stiffness and can't sleep long. I had three one month Lupron Depot shots followed by a three month dosage. The symptoms got really bad after the three month dosage. Wil ...
- I'm experiencing lack of strength and stamina while on luprondepot. i've had hdr with ebrt and september will be 6 mo. of lupron. i'm supposed to get 2 years of the drug but feel lousy. any thoughts?
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Stage Iii, Pacemaker, and takes Lupron Depot)
I'd like to stop taking Lupron Depot at the end of the 6 month period and forgo the entire 2 years of shots. My quality of life has greatly diminished since it's a struggle to do even mild exercise, and I'm concerned about heart complications and bone fractures while on the drug. I've been an activ ...
More questions for: Lupron depot, Suicidal thoughts
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lupron for prostate cancer and the efects on tia
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has Prostatic Specific Antigen Increased, and takes Lupron)
got a shot on friday had a tia that night....my best buddy had done the same thing and didn't wake up the next morning (4 months ago )he had a stroke i am scared to take this anymore..
More reviews for: Lupron depot, Suicidal thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a patient with Allergy To Mold - Dander - Dust, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Dizziness, Suicidal Ideation
Comments: I'm on a 100mg dose on both of them daily. I would like to know and understand the interactions between the two drugs.
- A study of side effects of Plan B for a patient with Unwanted Pregnancy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts, Emotional Distress, Depression
Comments: I've taken Plan B twice in my life. Once in 2012, and once more recently in June 2014. I had many outside stressors poverty, family, lack of support, i.e. prior to taking Plan B. After I took it I felt depressed, unable to relate/communicate to my partner and family and I had severe emotional respon ...
- A study of side effects of Eligard for a patient with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Pain In Fingers
Comments: Finger joint pain seems to increase when Eligard is injected, then decreases until next injection
- A study of side effects of Eligard for a patient with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has
Comments: any quality issues with Eligard? many thanks
- A study of side effects of Eligard for a patient with Prostate Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
More related studies for: Lupron depot, Suicidal thoughts
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.