Home > Lupron > Renal failure > Lupron and Renal failure
Review: could Lupron cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Lupron, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Prostate cancer.
We study 4,487 people who have side effects while taking Lupron from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lupron and have Renal failure >>>
Lupron (latest outcomes from 10,940 users) has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 434,588 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 4,487 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron. Among them, 154 people (3.43%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Lupron when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||2.78%||11.11%||22.22%||16.67%||19.44%||16.67%||11.11% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Lupron * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||1.53%||2.29%||0.76%||2.29%||4.58%||88.55% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Lupron ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prostate cancer (94 people, 61.04%)
- Hypertension (20 people, 12.99%)
- Osteoporosis (15 people, 9.74%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 9.74%)
- Prophylaxis (13 people, 8.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (66 people, 42.86%)
- Lupron depot (56 people, 36.36%)
- Casodex (51 people, 33.12%)
- Aspirin (44 people, 28.57%)
- Lipitor (40 people, 25.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Lupron?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lupron and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Lupron
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Your experience with eligard
(Asked by a 76 year old man who has Prostate Cancer Metastatic, and takes Eligard)
I started out with Firmagon in April 2013. They decided that I could be alergic to it after my belly swelled up and turned red. Switched to Eligard January 2014. The eligard causes more unwanted symptoms than the Firmagon.
I would like to just stop taking this drug even though it has reduced ...
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- I am a 38 yr old who was treated for endometriosis with 6 mos. of lupron. my body hasn't been the same since, 5 years later. is there a link between lupron & thyroid disfunction & infertility?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Subclinical Hypothyroidism, Higher Than Normal FHS Levels, Infertility Female, and takes Lupron)
I was healthy and active before going on Lupron (against my better judgement). During the time I was on it I experienced hot flashes, night sweats, waking up to got to bathroom, frequent urination, flaking of scalp skin, loss of hair, weight gain, and a foot injury that came out of nowhere. It's b ...
- Lupron and rheumatoid arthritis
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn's Disease, Hot Flashes, Vascular Dementia, and takes Lupron)
I took Lupron off and on for many years due to a medical condition and now my joints hurt so bad and lock and pop so bad. I took Lupron injections for a total of 24 months, could this be the cause if such pain in my joints and if so what can I do to prevent it from getting worse? And chronic breathi ...
- Will joint pain, night sweats and hot flashes go way?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis, and takes Lupron Depot)
I have joint pain in finger joints, wrists, elbows, severe in hips, ankles, feet, knees. I also have night sweats, hot flashes, stiffness and can't sleep long. I had three one month Lupron Depot shots followed by a three month dosage. The symptoms got really bad after the three month dosage. Wil ...
More questions for: Lupron, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Lupron for prostate cancer and the efects on tia
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has Prostatic Specific Antigen Increased, and takes Lupron)
got a shot on friday had a tia that night....my best buddy had done the same thing and didn't wake up the next morning (4 months ago )he had a stroke i am scared to take this anymore..
More reviews for: Lupron, Renal failure
- A study of side effects of Eligard for a patient with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has Pain In Fingers
Comments: Finger joint pain seems to increase when Eligard is injected, then decreases until next injection
- A study of side effects of Eligard for a patient with Cancer - Prostate. The patient has
Comments: any quality issues with Eligard? many thanks
- A study of side effects of Eligard for a patient with Prostate Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
- A study of drug interactions between Renvela, Cyclophosphamide, Prednisone, Keppra for a patient with Kidney Disease, Goodpasture Syndrome, Seizure - Generalized. The patient has White Blood Cell Count, High Blood Pressure, Brain Contusion, Brain Hemorrhage, Kidney Failure
Comments: Still fighting the disease. Also having muscle twitches and heart flutters.
- A study of drug interactions between Lupron, Seroquel, Trileptal, Ativan for a patient with Endometriosis, Sleep Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Sleep Condition. The patient has Numbness And Tingling, Cognitive Deterioration, Speech Impairment (adult), Vision Impairment, Dizziness Aggravated, Hypertension
Comments: I also have a pituitary microadenoma and I also have elevated cortisol levels.
More related studies for: Lupron, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.