Lupron and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Lupron, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Lupron. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,893 people who have side effects when taking Lupron from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
23,893 people reported to have side effects when taking Lupron.
Among them, 203 people (0.85%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lupron when people have Renal failure *:
- < 1 month: 5.41 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.51 %
- 6 - 12 months: 21.62 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 27.03 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.81 %
- 10+ years: 2.7 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Lupron *:
- female: 7.07 %
- male: 92.93 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Lupron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.7 %
- 10-19: 1.41 %
- 20-29: 2.11 %
- 30-39: 2.82 %
- 40-49: 2.11 %
- 50-59: 4.23 %
- 60+: 86.62 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 8.37%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (12 people, 5.91%)
- Metastases To Bone (10 people, 4.93%)
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 4.93%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 4.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (74 people, 36.45%)
- Casodex (58 people, 28.57%)
- Lipitor (40 people, 19.70%)
- Aspirin (38 people, 18.72%)
- Percocet (34 people, 16.75%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (65 people, 32.02%)
- Anaemia (50 people, 24.63%)
- Weakness (48 people, 23.65%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (47 people, 23.15%)
- Haematuria (46 people, 22.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Lupron?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of leuprolide acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Lupron from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lupron has active ingredients of leuprolide acetate. It is often used in endometriosis. (latest outcomes from Lupron 24,382 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Luprona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
I take Temazepan 30mg. and recently was injected with Lupron because of Prostate cancer. In the morning, I feel sleepy and weak to the point that I lay down and sleep for a couple of hours. During the night I sleep fairly well
I have Narcolepsy and my kidney function has dropped from 47 to 40 in three weeks. Anything I can do to help my kidney function improve or protect my kidneys when using stimulants. All I do is sleep around the clock when I don't medicate