Home > Lutein > Thyroid disorder > Lutein and Thyroid disorder
Review: could Lutein cause Thyroid disorder (Thyroid diseases)?
Summary: Thyroid disorder is reported only by a few people who take Lutein.
We study 802 people who have side effects while taking Lutein from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lutein and have Thyroid disorder >>>
Lutein (latest outcomes from 848 users) has active ingredients of lutein. It is often used in macular degeneration.
Thyroid disorder (thyroid diseases) (latest reports from 16,844 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hypothyroidism.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 802 people reported to have side effects when taking Lutein. Among them, 1 people (0.12%) has Thyroid Disorder.
Time on Lutein when people have Thyroid disorder * :
Gender of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Lutein * :
|Thyroid disorder||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Lutein * :
|Thyroid disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Thyroid disorder when taking Lutein ** :
How people recovered from Thyroid disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Micardis (1 people, 100.00%)
- Demadex (1 people, 100.00%)
- Multi-vitamins (1 people, 100.00%)
- Protonix (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thyroid Disorder while taking Lutein?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lutein and have Thyroid Disorder
- support group for people who take Lutein
- support group for people who have Thyroid Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- Can you take hyzaar and benicar in the same day
(Asked by a 51 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Thyroid, and takes Hyzaar)
Patient took Hyzaar 3 hours ago and blood pressure worsened. He was taking Beneicar 40/12.5 mg. Can he take the Benicar now.?
- Better suggestion of treatment and overall thoughts on these supplements
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Liver Fatty, High Density Lipoprotein, and takes Trimethyl Glycine, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Acetylcysteine, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, MSM, L-Cysteine HCl, Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Para - Aminobenzoic Acid (paba), Lutein, Niacin, Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Chromium Picolinate, Probiotics, Multivitamin)
Taking OTC Supplements (listed individual ingredients ) instead of product names.
- What is causing my symptoms.
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Diarrhoea, Sciatica, Right Side Pain, and takes Milk Thistle, Lutein, Probiotics, Rosehip, Magnesium, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Fish Oil, Alcohol)
I have pain in my back and down my leg, pain under my ribs, sharp groin pain occasionally and daily loose stools.
- Does cymbalta make you intolerant to heat and sweat excessively?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Depression, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Thyroid Disorder, and takes Cymbalta, Ritalin, Nuvigil, Synthroid, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Metformin)
I have taken 60 mg. Cymbalta for years. Just recently went down to 30 mg. to see if it would help with my excessive sweating. I had no trouble reducing the dosage, but it didn't help with the sweating. The heat intolerance is so bad I'm thinking of stopping the Cymbalta altogether. I live in the ...
More questions for: Lutein, Thyroid disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Lutein, Thyroid disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lutein, Chromium Picolinate, Miralax, Fish Oil, Vitamin C, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Cinnamon, L - Arginine, Tramadol, Latanoprost, Gabapentin, Lantus, Spironolactone, Metformin for a patient with Stroke, Glaucoma, Diabetes Mellitus, Constipation, Cholesterol, Allergy, Neuropathy Peripheral, Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has High Creatinine Level
Comments: I have been on a low-carb-high-fat diet since January 2013 and have had very good results in blood sugar control, cholesterol levels and weight loss. I did have a very large kidney stone removed in February and wonder if this could be related
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, Omega 3, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Dorzolamide Hydrochloride, Alphagan P for a patient with Eye Disorder, Health, Glaucoma. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: I am experiencing periodic chest pain, and am wondering if it is being caused by Alphagan. I have been using Alphagan for about a year in one eye, but soon after I started using it in both eye, I started to feel the chest pain. I am a healthy person who works out regularly. The chest pain only ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Nucynta, Levoxyl, Advair Diskus 250/50, Singulair, Clarinex-d 12 Hour, Protonix, Mobic, Zocor, Elmiron, Fosamax, Patanol, Flonase, Multivitamin, Lutein, Lactobacillus, Flaxseed Oil, Glucosamine, Calcium for a patient with Pain, Breakthrough Pain, Hypothyroidism, Asthma Late Onset, Asthma, Nasal Congestion, Stomach Flu, Swelling Of Fingers, High Blood Cholesterol, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Vitamin Supplementation, Mineral Supplementation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Supplementation Therapy. The patient has Forgetfulness, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Pancreatitis Chronic, Pain In Limb, Pain In Jaw, Sleep Inertia
Comments: Since taking Tramadol, then nucynta, and finally butrans leg pain developed and increased with each med change. My hip pain increased as did interruption in my sleep. I am more noise and light intolerant.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Vitamin K, Vitamin D, Zeaxanthin, Coenzyme Q - 10 for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Health, Weight Loss, Loss Of Hair. The patient has Anaphylactic Reaction
Comments: Vomiting to dry heaves. Diarrhea to dry heaves of the bowel (my body makes me push but nothing comes out). Swelling of tongue, lips and fingers. Lump in throat. Bleeding from buttocks (definitely not a hemorrhoid rupture. Not sure if it comes from my stomach, small intestines or large intestines). R ...
- A study of drug interactions between Allopurinol, Lisinopril, Meloxicam, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, St. John's Wort, Saw Palmetto, Lutein, Multivitamin, B-12 for a patient with Gout - Chronic, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Anxiety, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Jet Lag. The patient has Lisinopril
Comments: Cough is known side effect of Lisinopril. I have taken before and had same symptoms then. More like itch in throat that causes me to cough trying to "scratch" it. Have tried several other BP meds and came back to Lisinopril as cheapest effective treatment. I am surprised drop-down doesn't recognise ...
More related studies for: Lutein, Thyroid disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.