Lutein and Thyroid disorder - from FDA reports
Thyroid disorder is reported only by a few people who take Lutein. We study 2,960 people who have side effects while taking Lutein from FDA. Among them, 4 have Thyroid disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Thyroid disorder and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
2,960 people reported to have side effects when taking Lutein.
Among them, 4 people (0.14%) have Thyroid disorder
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Lutein *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Thyroid disorder when taking Lutein *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 50.00%)
- Eye Disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 50.00%)
- Allergic Rhinitis (2 people, 50.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xyzal (2 people, 50.00%)
- Synthroid (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lexapro (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lasix (2 people, 50.00%)
- Inlyta (2 people, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (3 people, 75.00%)
- Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (2 people, 50.00%)
- Dry Mouth (2 people, 50.00%)
- Disease Progression (2 people, 50.00%)
- Diarrhea (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Thyroid disorder when taking Lutein?
- Check symptoms - is thyroid disorder caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThyroid disorder and drugs with ingredients of lutein.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThyroid disorder and Lutein from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lutein has active ingredients of lutein. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Lutein 3,096 users)
Thyroid disorder (thyroid diseases) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hypothyroidism (latest reports from 34,911 Thyroid disorder patients).
Browse all side effects of Luteina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Thyroid disorderThyroid disorder
Could your condition cause Thyroid disorderThyroid disorder
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have had hypothyroidism for about 15 years and even though I wasn't the best for taking my meds correctly I never really had a problem but that is until I was hospitalized in Feb. of 2017 for strep and the flu at the same time. The Dr. at the hospital upped my dosage from 200 mcg (which I had ...
Born 2008. Got diagnosed with ITP when she was Two years old. Female and starting to show start off puberty. Breasts started to develop a couple of months ago. Blood platelet count always around 10,000-20,000. Had a stomach hemorrhage 3 years ago, no other severe cases of bleeding. Occasionally ...
User reviews to the study
At first I didn't realize that the only vitamin I am taking (EyePromise with 10mg of Zeaxanthin + 10mg of Lutein) was causing constipation. After trying all the normal things I would do to stop constipation and nothing helped I decided to read the internet to see what I could find out. Yes, this ...
Hello everybody ...I have been on 'VITEYES ' SUPPLEMENTS FO 2 YEARS and increasingly leading up to last night i cannot get to sleep...last night i didm,t sleep at all , so started researching and found that some people develop insomnia from eye supplements ,mainly from lutein .....most nights i ...