Lutein and Tinnitus - from FDA reports
Tinnitus is found among people who take Lutein, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Age-related macular degeneration. This review analyzes which people have Tinnitus with Lutein. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,797 people who have side effects when taking Lutein from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 01, 2017
2,797 people reported to have side effects when taking Lutein.
Among them, 11 people (0.39%) have Tinnitus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lutein when people have Tinnitus *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Lutein *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Lutein *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Transplant (2 people, 18.18%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (2 people, 18.18%)
- Gait Disturbance (2 people, 18.18%)
- Eye Disorder (2 people, 18.18%)
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (2 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin C (3 people, 27.27%)
- Fosamax (3 people, 27.27%)
- Zyrtec (2 people, 18.18%)
- Turmeric (2 people, 18.18%)
- Metformin (2 people, 18.18%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (4 people, 36.36%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 27.27%)
- Heart Attack (3 people, 27.27%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (3 people, 27.27%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (2 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus when taking Lutein?
Lutein has active ingredients of lutein. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Lutein 2,931 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 30,035 Tinnitus patients).