Review: could Lyrica cause Abnormal dreams?
Summary: Abnormal dreams is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Neuralgia.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 271 have Abnormal dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Abnormal dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Abnormal dreams >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,617 Lyrica users)
Abnormal dreams has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 15,275 Abnormal dreams patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 64,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 271 people (0.42%) have Abnormal Dreams.
Time on Lyrica when people have Abnormal dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abnormal dreams||53.45%||22.41%||5.17%||12.07%||6.90%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Lyrica * :
|Abnormal dreams||60.73%||39.27% |
Age of people who have Abnormal dreams when taking Lyrica * :
|Abnormal dreams||0.00%||0.00%||0.48%||5.80%||8.70%||29.95%||25.12%||29.95% |
Severity of Abnormal dreams when taking Lyrica ** :
How people recovered from Abnormal dreams ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuralgia (86 people, 31.73%)
- Pain (71 people, 26.20%)
- Fibromyalgia (70 people, 25.83%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (59 people, 21.77%)
- Back pain (32 people, 11.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Chantix (63 people, 23.25%)
- Neurontin (61 people, 22.51%)
- Cymbalta (43 people, 15.87%)
- Celebrex (31 people, 11.44%)
- Synthroid (30 people, 11.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and abnormal dreams on
Do you have Abnormal Dreams while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Abnormal Dreams
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Abnormal Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 56-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (conditions that prevent a person from getting restful sleep due to mental condition of not getting sleep)
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 33-year old woman with Neuropathy - Femoral Nerve. The patient has Cystic Acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin))
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.