Review: could Lyrica cause Bone and joint pain?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 26, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 64,066 people who take Lyrica. Among them, 1,591 have Bone and joint pain. See who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,316 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia, pain. Commonly reported side effects of Lyrica include dizziness, pain exacerbated, pain, acupuncture and pain, dizziness aggravated.
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain (latest reports from 786,974 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.
On Feb, 18, 2014: 58,684 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 1,591 people (2.71%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Lyrica when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||38.19%||29.92%||12.99%||14.17%||3.54%||1.18%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Lyrica * :
|Bone and joint pain||74.70%||25.30% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Lyrica * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||1.13%||0.71%||9.62%||22.21%||31.19%||35.15% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||6.25%||31.25%||50.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (305 people, 19.17%)
- Pain (305 people, 19.17%)
- Neuralgia (191 people, 12.01%)
- Hypertension (142 people, 8.93%)
- Arthralgia (130 people, 8.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (309 people, 19.42%)
- Zometa (273 people, 17.16%)
- Cymbalta (269 people, 16.91%)
- Ambien (258 people, 16.22%)
- Aredia (215 people, 13.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lyrica, Bone and joint pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used for fibromyalgia. Find out below the conditions Lyrica is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lyrica used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lyrica side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lyrica drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
I have RA, Fibromyalgia, Raynauds Disease, IBS and lactose intolerant. Was diagnosed at age 38 am now 40. Still battling with joint pain, but after taking methotrexate for 11 months I developed severe folliculitis on my legs and arms. I stopped taking mtx for 3 wks and my issue was starting to get better. Am now on injectable mtx for last 2 wks and legs are looking terrible.
From this study (3 years ago):
The month I started Lyrica... a few days or short week(s) after I was diagnosed with herpes. It shocked me and I was hoping to find a possible connection, but I might be out of luck. =/
From this study (4 years ago):
Want to find out when lyrica will begin to provide pain relief
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lyrica, Bone and joint pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- Sleepwalking while on lyrica
I have never had issues with sleepwalking until taking Lyrica. I have had some terrifying experiences like walking up in a hotel lobby in my short nightie. After several episodes, I stopped taking lyrica and stopped sleepwalking. Recently my doctor put me back on this drug and the first night I took ...
- Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, Bone and joint pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Multivitamin, Celebrex, Codeine Sulfate, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free for a patient with Methotrexate, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Pain Exacerbated, Depression, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Numbness And Tingling, Brain Fog, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Swelling Of A Joint (Joint swelling), Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Levothyroxine Sodium, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Valtrex, Klonopin for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Sleep Aid, Depression, Hsv, Anxiety. The patient has Herpes Simplex, Muscle Spasms, Sweating - Excessive (Hyperhidrosis), Itchiness (Itching), Dry Skin, Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Weakness, Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Earache
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lyrica, Methotrexate Sodium, Lunesta, Adderall Xr 30, Nasonex for a patient with Depression Postmenopausal, Fibromyalgia, Arthritis - Psoriatic, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Disturbance In Attention, Sinus Congestion. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Muscle Tightness
More related studies for: Lyrica, Bone and joint pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.