Review: could Lyrica cause Burning mouth syndrome?
Summary: Burning mouth syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Lyrica.
We study 64,396 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Burning mouth syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning mouth syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Burning mouth syndrome >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,617 Lyrica users)
Burning mouth syndrome
Burning mouth syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, sleep disorder. (latest reports from 367 Burning mouth syndrome patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 64,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 5 people (0.01%) have Burning Mouth Syndrome.
Time on Lyrica when people have Burning mouth syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Burning mouth syndrome when taking Lyrica * :
|Burning mouth syndrome||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Burning mouth syndrome when taking Lyrica * :
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||83.33% |
Severity of Burning mouth syndrome when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Burning mouth syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Burning mouth syndrome (3 people, 60.00%)
- Glossodynia (2 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 20.00%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (1 people, 20.00%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lexapro (3 people, 60.00%)
- Evoxac (3 people, 60.00%)
- Dextrostat (3 people, 60.00%)
- Zolpidem (3 people, 60.00%)
- Ativan (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and burning mouth syndrome on
Do you have Burning Mouth Syndrome while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Burning Mouth Syndrome
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Burning Mouth Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 56-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (conditions that prevent a person from getting restful sleep due to mental condition of not getting sleep)
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 33-year old woman with Neuropathy - Femoral Nerve. The patient has Cystic Acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin))
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Crestor, Lyrica, Aspirin for a 69-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis, High Blood Cholesterol, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Heart Disease. The patient has Light Sensitivity
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.