Home > Lyrica > Cardiac failure > Lyrica and Cardiac failure
Review: could Lyrica cause Cardiac failure?
We study 64,323 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 362 have Cardiac failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Cardiac failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lyrica and have Cardiac failure >>>
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,519 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
Cardiac failure (latest reports from 187,523 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, dialysis, type 2 diabetes.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 64,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 362 people (0.56%) have Cardiac Failure.
Time on Lyrica when people have Cardiac failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cardiac failure||68.35%||21.58%||5.76%||2.16%||0.72%||1.44%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cardiac failure when taking Lyrica * :
|Cardiac failure||47.19%||52.81% |
Age of people who have Cardiac failure when taking Lyrica * :
|Cardiac failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.28%||1.96%||0.84%||8.94%||13.69%||74.30% |
Severity of Cardiac failure when taking Lyrica ** :
How people recovered from Cardiac failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (61 people, 16.85%)
- Neuralgia (46 people, 12.71%)
- Insomnia (36 people, 9.94%)
- Post herpetic neuralgia (29 people, 8.01%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 7.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (55 people, 15.19%)
- Aspirin (47 people, 12.98%)
- Digoxin (35 people, 9.67%)
- Furosemide (33 people, 9.12%)
- Amitriptyline hcl (32 people, 8.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cardiac Failure while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Cardiac Failure
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Cardiac Failure
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Propranolo & pregabalin - do they produce heart troubles? my meds mix has
Being on zopiclone 75mg (sleep med) gave me terrible poly/firbomyalgia, which I was then prescrbed pregabalin to aleviate pains and anxiety, and the propranolo to help with the same. On day one of propranolo I had a medium heart attack like event, within 24hrs had a large attack and became hospitali ...
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
- Can droopy eyelid be caused by a bump and/or pregabalin?
Had a bad bump on my forehead a couple of weeks ago and my whole face went black. Mostly better now but Im let with a badly drooping eyelid (right) which the doctors tell me will go away. No sign of that at the moment but Ive read that pregabalin (which I take in small doses, can cause this. It ...
- Is anyone else with ms having problems getting off of lyrica?
I am on 1.5 mg clonazepam and I take Betaseron injectables for my MS. I take 50 mg of Ellaville and one Prilosec that's it. I was on Lyrica for about three months and am having a horrible time trying to come down off of it. I would really like to know if anyone has tried the Lyrica oral suspension. ...
- Can a person with hear problems that took lyrica have sudden death
my husband took lyrica in dec 2007 swelled up the md prescribed more and he died suddenly on March 17 2008 i wrote to pfziers legal department for answers as they directed me and i never heard from them.
- Can sulfalazine cause bed wetting
I had been taking the Sulfalazine for around 6 months with no real side effects, Then twice in one week I lost control of my bladder while sleeping. This has never happened to me before. My GP took me off the sulfalazine and I was fine, He had thought they where causing some sort of convulsion while ...
- Can trileptal cause a-fib
I had an ablation. I got irregular hr on lyrica for neuropathy peripheral.md changed to oxcarbazepine. do these drugs cause a-fib. what is best pain med that does not cause a-fib or tachycardia.cymbalta,paxil Prozac caused atrial tachy and a-fib.?
- Can i take ibuprophen while i'm taking lyrica
I'm taking Lyrica for shingles. Although it has greatly helped with the pain, I still have considerable itchiness and pain upon touching the affected area.
Can I take ibuprophen along with the lyrica?
Any suggestions for the itch?
- Who has suffered from anxiety while using lyrica
I was taking 150mg of lyrica a day. Initially had no problem with it as went onto it slowly. After 18months of constant dose I started to have my tummy doing sommersaults
- Will aoolprinol increase my creatine level
Foot pain, stage 2 kidney disease and recent laminectomy. Weakness of legs and foot pain inhibit ability to exercise via walking and bicycling. Stage 2 kidney disease caused me to switch from allopurinol to Lyrica. Do not tolerate side effects very well of Lyrica dosage of 75 mg, twice a day. Lyric ...
More questions for: Lyrica, Cardiac failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Nightmare on lyrica st.
r.knee revision 3rd.and last time due from Mersa infection and blood clot left me 1 1/2 shorter on r. Leg. Lost a lot of nerves in foot lower r. Leg.bulging disc was from falling from knee revision and for 9 months had no knee and on crutches.had lots of falls and blew out lower back. Put me on lyri ...
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Dementia from lyrica?
I am a 50 year old female. I take 300mg lyrics a day.recently I have no short term memory stomach problems the left side of my face is numb 95% of the time but the head attacks are only down to once or twice a week .memory loss or the worse pain ever?I'd rather give birth.not a good trade off.are ot ...
- Duexis and hullinications seeing things that dont exist and the feeling of something touching me
after 30 days of taking dexuis I started to have hallunications of people following me and touching me....
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- Sleepwalking while on lyrica
I have never had issues with sleepwalking until taking Lyrica. I have had some terrifying experiences like walking up in a hotel lobby in my short nightie. After several episodes, I stopped taking lyrica and stopped sleepwalking. Recently my doctor put me back on this drug and the first night I took ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, Cardiac failure
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used for fibromyalgia. Find out below the conditions Lyrica is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lyrica used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Lyrica, Cardiac failure
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zopiclone, Pregabalin, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 46-year old man who has Panic, Anxiety, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Polymyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica for a 56-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Xanax Xr for a 39-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Lyrica, Gabapentin for a 63-year old man who has Neuropathy - Peripheral
- Comparions of Lyrica, Gabapentin for a 44-year old woman who has Nerve Damage - Diabetic
- Comparions of Bentyl, Norco, Lyrica, Norflex, Cymbalta for a 65-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Concerta, Lyrica for a 36-year old man who has ADD
- Comparions of Lyrica, Effexor Xr for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Norco, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lyrica, Ms Contin for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
More related comparison studies for: Lyrica, Cardiac failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Megestrol Acetate
- Svt and Prednisolone
- Lamictal and Meningioma Benign
- Adderall and Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent user comments
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (13 minutes ago)
- "The depression has been so severe I didn't know what ... " (2 hours ago)
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (7 hours ago)
- Blood Albumin Abnormal