Review: could Lyrica cause Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)?
Summary: Copd is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 64,346 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 441 have Copd. Find out below who they are, when they have Copd and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lyrica and have Copd >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from Lyrica 66,558 users)
Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression.(latest reports from Copd 48,476 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 64,346 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 441 people (0.69%) have Copd.
Time on Lyrica when people have Copd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Copd when taking Lyrica * :
Age of people who have Copd when taking Lyrica * :
Severity of Copd when taking Lyrica ** :
How people recovered from Copd ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (69 people, 15.65%)
- Pain (55 people, 12.47%)
- Osteoporosis (50 people, 11.34%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (36 people, 8.16%)
- Depression (34 people, 7.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (147 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (136 people, 30.84%)
- Zometa (133 people, 30.16%)
- Prednisone (125 people, 28.34%)
- Ambien (122 people, 27.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Copd while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Copd
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Copd
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who take Lyrica
I have gained about 35 pounds, and I have the cognitive effects listed in the prescribing information--problems with thinking and concentration." I've been off Lyrica once, and the side effects went away, but I couldn't get out of bed in the morning
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Any information on deaths from taking lyica and high doses of alprazolam
(Asked by a 90 year old woman who has Prior To Death Patient Was Confused And Unable To Walk Upright Or Lift Hand To Feed Self, and takes Advil Pm, Lucentis, Alprazolam, Lyrica)
My Mother was a healthy 89 yr old with no healt issues, she was put on anxiety medicine, which she took regularly. She was also taking Lyric and had just started her Macular degeneration shots. She was prone to bladder infections and we went to the dr. for that, labs showed high calcium, within on ...
- Is pregabalin aggravate the symptoms of bph?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has BPH, and takes Pregabalin)
I am having BPH. for foot pain doctor prescribes Pregabalin. that night the symptoms of BPH worsens. Is it due to Pregabalin? pl.write.
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Propranolo & pregabalin - do they produce heart troubles? my meds mix has
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Angina, Panic, Anxiety, and takes Zopiclone, Pregabalin, Propranolol Hydrochloride)
Being on zopiclone 75mg (sleep med) gave me terrible poly/firbomyalgia, which I was then prescrbed pregabalin to aleviate pains and anxiety, and the propranolo to help with the same. On day one of propranolo I had a medium heart attack like event, within 24hrs had a large attack and became hospitali ...
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Enlarged Liver, and takes Allopurinol, Metformin, Lyrica, Morphine)
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
More questions for: Lyrica, Copd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has COPD, PTSD, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dysthymia, and takes Simvastatin, Daytrana, Klonopin, Concerta, Lamictal Xr, Prozac)
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I ...
- 3 strong drugs together against neuropathic pain
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Ehlers-danlos Syndrome, Joint Hypermobility, Neuropathic Pain, and takes Pregabalin, Clonazepam, Methadone Hydrochloride)
Neuropathic pain debuted when I was 24, now I'm 50. Received diagnosed with Ehler-Danlos syndrome (EDS), joint hypermobility type, when I was 35 years old. So it can take some time to get a diagnose. And as EDS-patient I do not belong to any clinic. Orthopedics says that EDS is not orthopedic, rheum ...
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has COPD, Emphysema, and takes Prednisone)
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Nightmare on lyrica st.
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has R.S.D Type 3 Right Lower Leg & Foot, Bulging Disc L 5, and takes Lyrica)
r.knee revision 3rd.and last time due from Mersa infection and blood clot left me 1 1/2 shorter on r. Leg. Lost a lot of nerves in foot lower r. Leg.bulging disc was from falling from knee revision and for 9 months had no knee and on crutches.had lots of falls and blew out lower back. Put me on lyri ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, Copd
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a patient with Nerve Pain. The patient has Not Breathing
Comments: I take Simvastation, Prilosec, Losartin, Effexor and Melatonin at night with Lyrica. I awaken unable to breathe. I have asthma so use an inhaler but that does not immediately open the air passage and I become frantic, scared and unable to breathe or speak for several minutes.
- A study of side effects of LYRICA for a patient with Frequent Headaches. The patient has Has Recovered Slightly, Still Constant Headaches, And Still Confused, And Loss Of Memory, Memory Loss
Comments: ALTHOUGH SOMEWHAT NOTICING SOME SMALL LOSS OF MEMORY, COMMON TO 82 YEARS OF AGE, HE RAPIDLY DECLINED ON FIRST TAKING LYRICA. DOCTOR SAYS THAT A YEAR OLD MRI SHOWED SOME SMALL BRAIN CHANGES, BUT FAMILY WAS TOLD THAT RESULTS WERE ok
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a patient with Nerve Pain. The patient has Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus)
Comments: I have been on this drug for approx 3 months and will be on it for the foreseeable future until they work out what is wrong with my neck/back. I am suffering the most horrendous flatulence from morning til night (and through the night aswell.....wake myself up farting really loud!!) This is so emb ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Endep, Lyrica, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Neuralgic Pain. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Neuralgic Pain
Comments: I have had chronic fatigue since 5 May 2012 - nearly 2 and a half years. Recently stopped Lexapro for depression which I was on for a year and slowly reduced before cessation. Old back problem bulging disk L5/S1 pain left thigh, hip, buttock worst at night. Recently went on tramadol and immediate sl ...
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a patient with Facial Pain. The patient has Pain - Swallowing (burning)
Comments: After withdrawal from Lyrica after 13 months, I started having burning left ear, hands, arms, and shoulder. I withdrew in June. For the past four months this burning is getting worse. Very severe several hours a day.
More related studies for: Lyrica, Copd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.