Review: could Lyrica cause Dementia alzheimer's type?
Summary: Dementia alzheimer's type is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Namenda, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Dementia alzheimer's type. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia alzheimer's type and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Dementia alzheimer's type >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,617 Lyrica users)
Dementia alzheimer's type
Dementia alzheimer's type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol, diabetes. (latest reports from 13,063 Dementia alzheimer's type patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 64,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 46 people (0.07%) have Dementia Alzheimer's Type.
Time on Lyrica when people have Dementia alzheimer's type * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dementia alzheimer's type||50.00%||30.00%||10.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Lyrica * :
|Dementia alzheimer's type||94.00%||6.00% |
Age of people who have Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Lyrica * :
|Dementia alzheimer's type||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||31.03%||68.97% |
Severity of Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Lyrica ** :
How people recovered from Dementia alzheimer's type ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (11 people, 23.91%)
- Pain (9 people, 19.57%)
- Neuralgia (7 people, 15.22%)
- Fibromyalgia (7 people, 15.22%)
- Headache (6 people, 13.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Namenda (8 people, 17.39%)
- Celebrex (7 people, 15.22%)
- Cipralex (6 people, 13.04%)
- Aricept (5 people, 10.87%)
- Xanax (4 people, 8.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Claire (1 year ago):
Female 54 years old, Intelligence Researcher, London - I'm very worried, been taking Lyrica for 3 years, side effects were hilarious at first (felt drunk all the time) - now not so funny, My short term memory is useless, I live on my own and feel very scared about the long term effects of this drug I'm on 150mg in the morning and 300mg at night, if I try to cut down my neurology symptoms start up very soon after. I'm daydreaming and forgetting that I'm cooking (burning a lot of stuff) forgetting to get shopping I need, I even had to write an itinerary for the mornings just to get me out the door to work!
Reply the comment
BERARD LILIANE (4 years ago):
Tous les docteurs disent que le LYRICA ne donne pas l'alzheimer, mais depuis que je l'ai pris et pourtant pas longtemps, je perds la mémoire et j'ai des troubles de la concentration etc..
Help please, est ce que c'est passager ou définitif
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and dementia alzheimer's type on
Do you have Dementia Alzheimer's Type while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Dementia Alzheimer's Type
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Dementia Alzheimer's Type
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 56-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (conditions that prevent a person from getting restful sleep due to mental condition of not getting sleep)
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 33-year old woman with Neuropathy - Femoral Nerve. The patient has Cystic Acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin))
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Crestor, Lyrica, Aspirin for a 69-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis, High Blood Cholesterol, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Heart Disease. The patient has Light Sensitivity
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.