Review: could Lyrica cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,220 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Drowsiness >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,627 Lyrica users)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 69,950 Drowsiness patients)
On Apr, 23, 2015: 64,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 4,220 people (6.55%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Lyrica when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Drowsiness when taking Lyrica * :
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Lyrica * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (1,045 people, 24.76%)
- Pain (980 people, 23.22%)
- Neuralgia (774 people, 18.34%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (564 people, 13.36%)
- Hypertension (403 people, 9.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (555 people, 13.15%)
- Cymbalta (401 people, 9.50%)
- Aspirin (250 people, 5.92%)
- Lasix (240 people, 5.69%)
- Xanax (219 people, 5.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and drowsiness on
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxcarbazepine, Klonopin, Valacyclovir, Opana Er, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Fibromyositis
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.