Review: could Lyrica cause Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
Summary: Foot, leg, and ankle swelling is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,617 Lyrica users)
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 1,439 Foot, leg, and ankle swelling patients)
On Mar, 18, 2015: 64,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 14 people (0.02%) have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling.
Time on Lyrica when people have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||7.69%||30.77%||23.08%||7.69%||15.38%||15.38%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Lyrica * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||92.86%||7.14% |
Age of people who have Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Lyrica * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||35.71%||7.14%||28.57% |
Severity of Foot, leg, and ankle swelling when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||7.14%||50.00%||35.71%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Foot, leg, and ankle swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||8.33%||16.67%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (4 people, 28.57%)
- Diabetic neuropathy (2 people, 14.29%)
- Constipation (2 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (2 people, 14.29%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (2 people, 14.29%)
- Klonopin (2 people, 14.29%)
- Vicodin (2 people, 14.29%)
- Baclofen (2 people, 14.29%)
- Clonidine (2 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and foot, leg, and ankle swelling on
Do you have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 56-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (conditions that prevent a person from getting restful sleep due to mental condition of not getting sleep)
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 33-year old woman with Neuropathy - Femoral Nerve. The patient has Cystic Acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin))
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.