Review: could Lyrica cause High blood pressure?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 64,066 people who take Lyrica. Among them, 2,127 have High blood pressure. See who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,316 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia, pain. Commonly reported side effects of Lyrica include dizziness, pain exacerbated, pain, acupuncture and pain, dizziness aggravated.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,137,301 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 64,066 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 2,127 people (3.32%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Lyrica when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||59.92%||19.84%||8.38%||4.91%||4.50%||2.45%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Lyrica * :
|High blood pressure||72.84%||27.16% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Lyrica * :
|High blood pressure||0.10%||0.00%||0.36%||1.03%||8.69%||15.11%||27.00%||47.70% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||68.75%||31.25%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||40.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (412 people, 19.37%)
- Fibromyalgia (374 people, 17.58%)
- Hypertension (333 people, 15.66%)
- Neuralgia (320 people, 15.04%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (216 people, 10.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (336 people, 15.80%)
- Aspirin (317 people, 14.90%)
- Cymbalta (263 people, 12.36%)
- Lisinopril (236 people, 11.10%)
- Nexium (230 people, 10.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Lyrica, High blood pressure
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used for fibromyalgia. Find out below the conditions Lyrica is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lyrica used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Lyrica side effects from A to Z:
Browse Lyrica drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I am suffering from severe mood swings and nervousness. Sometimes I am so mad I want to rip something apart, most of the time my poor husband catches the brunt of it. My headaches are coming back, but I really want to get rid of the crazy mood swings before I hurt myself or someone else when i lose my temper maybe in a car driving, I will fly into a rage over little things...Please help me with this.
What do I need to get OFF of OR ON...
Thank you, Carolyn
From this study (3 months ago):
I started taking Lyrica back in 2008, and started having Cushing-like symptoms the same year, but my doctors at the va thought it was related to a nodule that was found on the left adrenal gland around the same time. I have been bounced from specialist to specialist for years, and my labs come back normal almost every time; however, there is significant weight gain (even though I hepcat healthy and attempt to exercise), and I am growing again (at 36). Last time I checked I was 5'11.5 and a few months ago I was bed ridden with leg/knee pain. I am now 6'2 even.
From this study (2 years ago):
Blood pressure while on dialysis
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lyrica, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, High blood pressure
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Zocor, Halcion, Flexeril, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Norvasc, Hyzaar, Plavix, Centrum Silver for a patient with Blood Count Abnormal, High Blood Cholesterol, Sleep Apnea, Muscle Tightness, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Vascular Spasm, Hypertension, Tia, Nutrition Labeling. The patient has Severe Degenritive Disc Disease, Ruptured L5-4, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Pain - Leg (Leg pain), Cerebrovascular Spasm
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a patient with Nerve Damage - Diabetic. The patient has Potassium - Low (low potassium), High Blood Pressure, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Skin Tags (little flaps of tissue that adheres to parts of your neck, underarms, eyelids, groin folds, or under breasts), Growing Pains (child sometimes wake up crying in the middle of the night complaining of throbbing leg pain), Kidney Stones, Stretch Marks, Moon Face (a large chin and large forehead), Weight Gain Poor
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a patient with Neuropathy. The patient has Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Lyrica, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.