Home > Lyrica > High blood sugar > Lyrica and High blood sugar
Review: could Lyrica cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
We study 64,323 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 236 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lyrica and have High blood sugar >>>
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,519 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 143,192 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 64,287 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 236 people (0.37%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Lyrica when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||55.56%||37.04%||3.70%||3.70%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Lyrica * :
|High blood sugar||55.97%||44.03% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Lyrica * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.65%||8.24%||14.84%||38.46%||36.81% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (38 people, 16.10%)
- Osteoporosis (28 people, 11.86%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 11.86%)
- Depression (26 people, 11.02%)
- Diabetes mellitus (23 people, 9.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (67 people, 28.39%)
- Lantus (53 people, 22.46%)
- Nexium (47 people, 19.92%)
- Lasix (47 people, 19.92%)
- Aredia (43 people, 18.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Lyrica?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lyrica, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Nightmare on lyrica st.
r.knee revision 3rd.and last time due from Mersa infection and blood clot left me 1 1/2 shorter on r. Leg. Lost a lot of nerves in foot lower r. Leg.bulging disc was from falling from knee revision and for 9 months had no knee and on crutches.had lots of falls and blew out lower back. Put me on lyri ...
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, High blood sugar
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used for fibromyalgia. Find out below the conditions Lyrica is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lyrica used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Lyrica, High blood sugar
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zopiclone, Pregabalin, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 46-year old man who has Panic, Anxiety, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Polymyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica for a 56-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Xanax Xr for a 39-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
More related comparison studies for: Lyrica, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (50 seconds ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (1 minute ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (24 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride
- Labia Enlarged
- Bald Faced Hornet
- Hydrocortisone In Absorbase
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw