Home > Lyrica > High blood sugar > Lyrica and High blood sugar
Review: could Lyrica cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
We study 64,287 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 236 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lyrica and have High blood sugar >>>
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,503 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 143,470 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 64,287 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 236 people (0.37%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Lyrica when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||55.56%||37.04%||3.70%||3.70%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Lyrica * :
|High blood sugar||55.97%||44.03% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Lyrica * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.65%||8.24%||14.84%||38.46%||36.81% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (38 people, 16.10%)
- Osteoporosis (28 people, 11.86%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 11.86%)
- Depression (26 people, 11.02%)
- Diabetes mellitus (23 people, 9.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (67 people, 28.39%)
- Lantus (53 people, 22.46%)
- Nexium (47 people, 19.92%)
- Lasix (47 people, 19.92%)
- Aredia (43 people, 18.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Lyrica?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Comments from related studies:
From this study (23 hours ago):
blood shot eye and tenderness in neck area feeling fuzzy headed
From this study (6 days ago):
symptoms occurred after two glasses of white wine
From this study (1 week ago):
Cigarette smell. Nearly constantly for 9 days
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lyrica, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
More reviews for: Lyrica, High blood sugar
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used for fibromyalgia. Find out below the conditions Lyrica is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lyrica used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Chlamydial Infection Nos