Review: could Lyrica cause Impaired driving ability?
Summary: Impaired driving ability is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Fibromyalgia.
We study 64,407 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 364 have Impaired driving ability. Find out below who they are, when they have Impaired driving ability and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Impaired driving ability >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,623 Lyrica users)
Impaired driving ability
Impaired driving ability has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, insomnia, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 4,826 Impaired driving ability patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 64,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 364 people (0.57%) have Impaired Driving Ability.
Time on Lyrica when people have Impaired driving ability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Impaired driving ability||44.44%||26.50%||5.98%||16.24%||5.98%||0.85%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Impaired driving ability when taking Lyrica * :
|Impaired driving ability||85.63%||14.37% |
Age of people who have Impaired driving ability when taking Lyrica * :
|Impaired driving ability||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.31%||2.89%||19.65%||30.35%||44.80% |
Severity of Impaired driving ability when taking Lyrica ** :
How people recovered from Impaired driving ability ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Fibromyalgia (200 people, 54.95%)
- Pain (115 people, 31.59%)
- Depression (67 people, 18.41%)
- Neuralgia (59 people, 16.21%)
- Hypertension (50 people, 13.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (66 people, 18.13%)
- Cymbalta (52 people, 14.29%)
- Vicodin (42 people, 11.54%)
- Protonix (41 people, 11.26%)
- Xanax (40 people, 10.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and impaired driving ability on
Do you have Impaired Driving Ability while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Impaired Driving Ability
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Impaired Driving Ability
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Levitra, Vitamin D, Aspirin, Lyrica, Lisinopril, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Levetiracetam for a 67-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Vitamin D Decreased, Preventive Surgery, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Restlessness, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril, HCTZ, Atorvastatin Calcium, Gabapentin, Effient, Pregabalin, Novolin R, Lantrisul, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 61-year old woman with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Diuretic Effect, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Neuropathy, Heart Mri, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Diabetes, Heart Rate Decreased. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 46-year old woman with RSD. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Armour Thyroid, Lyrica for a 63-year old man with Back Pain, Thyroid Gland Cancer, Degenerative Disc Disease, Pain Down Legs And Back, Pain Upper Back Over Shoulder Down Arm , Hand. The patient has Intractable Pain, Oxycodone
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lo Loestrin Fe, Folic Acid, Adderall Xr 5, Lyrica, Hydrolyzed Collagen for a 26-year old woman who has Skin
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Oxcarbazepine, Klonopin, Valacyclovir, Opana Er, Lyrica for a 35-year old woman who has Fibromyositis
- Comparions of Vitamins, Lyrica for a 62-year old man who has Neurological Symptom
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.