Review: could Lyrica cause Increased tendency to bruise?
Summary: Increased tendency to bruise is found among people who take Lyrica, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Percocet, and have Pain.
We study 64,396 people who have side effects while taking Lyrica from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Increased tendency to bruise. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased tendency to bruise and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lyrica and have Increased tendency to bruise >>>
Lyrica has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from 66,617 Lyrica users)
Increased tendency to bruise
Increased tendency to bruise (increased tendency to injure the underlying soft tissue or bone) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 3,021 Increased tendency to bruise patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 64,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Lyrica. Among them, 55 people (0.09%) have Increased Tendency To Bruise.
Time on Lyrica when people have Increased tendency to bruise * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Increased tendency to bruise||14.29%||85.71%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Increased tendency to bruise when taking Lyrica * :
|Increased tendency to bruise||77.36%||22.64% |
Age of people who have Increased tendency to bruise when taking Lyrica * :
|Increased tendency to bruise||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.82%||27.27%||22.73%||43.18% |
Severity of Increased tendency to bruise when taking Lyrica ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Increased tendency to bruise||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Increased tendency to bruise ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Increased tendency to bruise||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 43.64%)
- Hypomania (10 people, 18.18%)
- Oedema (10 people, 18.18%)
- Depression (6 people, 10.91%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Percocet (20 people, 36.36%)
- Coumadin (20 people, 36.36%)
- Neurontin (19 people, 34.55%)
- Valtrex (15 people, 27.27%)
- Aredia (14 people, 25.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lyrica and increased tendency to bruise on
Do you have Increased Tendency To Bruise while taking Lyrica?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lyrica and have Increased Tendency To Bruise
- support group for people who take Lyrica
- support group for people who have Increased Tendency To Bruise
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 56-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (conditions that prevent a person from getting restful sleep due to mental condition of not getting sleep)
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 33-year old woman with Neuropathy - Femoral Nerve. The patient has Cystic Acne (skin sac with seborrhoea (scaly red skin))
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor Xr for a 56-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Increased Tendency To Bruise
Recent Lyrica related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.